Sign in to follow this  
jimimac

Multi monitors and dx10

I looking to install dx10 fixer but need to know if I will have any problems running three 19 inch monitors in windowed view connected with triple head2go and one 23 inch monitor connected to the same card as the th2go also running in windowed view I run outside view on the th2go and drag the 2d cockpit instrument panel over to the other monitor this runs ok with frames locked at 30 I don't have the flashing cursor problem but sometimes get stutters so looking to try the dx10 fixer out ,I don't have fsx settings set too high as I prefer fsx to run smooth,PC specs i54670k oc4.2 8g ram 2ggtx770 gpu.

Thank you,jim

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

Hi Jim; You're not as likely to get stuttering when using DX10 as the GPU does the graphics on it's own, but you'll encounter the problems of vSync, Windowed mode and "spinning hourglass" - fortunately these can be "fixed", so take a look at page 16 of the "DX10 How-To" Guide in the sig at the bottom of this post: it's a bit fiddley to follow, but it does work. It will clear the mud - ok!

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I've just (last night) discovered the cure for the everlasting hourglass phenomenon! Open another pop-up window, maybe an options window, whatever and drag that across to your other monitor. Immediately the hourglass stops and your missing pop-up (in my case GPS) reappears on your main screen. Drag it back to where you want it and close the other pop-up. It all about Windows losing focus on your pop-up and is desperately trying to find it.

This saves having to come out of FSX and starting again.

Nothing left for me to moan about DX10 now. :biggrin:

Oh, I did try this many times before I was convinced.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

..and this one's going into the Guide, Ron (with your kind permission, of course....)  :im Not Worthy:

"Of course!"  :biggrin:  "Why - thank you!"    :drinks:    "You're welcome"    :hi:

All the Best!  

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I want commission.

Never mind, I couldn't find a $ smilie.

:Money Eyes:  You can use this one, Ron, but like P3D, I'm not sure that it works at the moment...

Page 16, third or fourth para, new How-To in sig.

Thanks mate!

pj

Page 16, third or fourth para, new How-To in sig.

And my Mum said I'd never amount to anything. -_-

I've just (last night) discovered the cure for the everlasting hourglass phenomenon! Open another pop-up window, maybe an options window, whatever and drag that across to your other monitor. Immediately the hourglass stops and your missing pop-up (in my case GPS) reappears on your main screen. Drag it back to where you want it and close the other pop-up. It all about Windows losing focus on your pop-up and is desperately trying to find it.

This saves having to come out of FSX and starting again.

Nothing left for me to moan about DX10 now. :biggrin:

Oh, I did try this many times before I was convinced.

Great find Ron.

You should repost this in a new thread to spread the word.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.