Sign in to follow this  
curbz

Stutters whilst performing turns during taxi

I'm running FSX with locked frames of 30 and everything is very smooth and fluid... with the exception of one scenario which is turning whilst taxiing. No matter what aircraft, airport, scenery, settings I always experience stutters whilst performing a turn on the ground at taxi speed. The stutters are very apparent and continue regularly during the turn until I straighten the aircraft.

So I was wondering if this is 'normal' FSX behaviour or whether it is an issue specific to my setup? If anyone has the time to place their aircraft of choice on anyway runway and perform a 360 turn and confirm that would be greatly appreciated. I have spent many hours looking into this, reinstalling FSX, trying different drivers, settings, tweaks etc. without success.

I have attempted to capture it here however youtube's processing seems to have smoothed out the experience somewhat although some of the stutters I refer to can still be seen:

Many thanks

Darren Morris

I used to get that issue as well. very irritating indeed. I changed to unlimited and has been smooth ever since.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hello,

I remember having this issue years ago, not with FSX, but in FS9. Finally discovered that it was caused by a too high setting of the number of prerendered frames. So you might have a look into your graphics card settings and reduce the number.

Kind regards,

Rene

I had this recently, but a good defrag seems to have fixed it.

Hi

I have witnessed the same behaviour and always put it down to changes in scenery complexity and / or AI quantity brought on by the fairly 'rapid' rate at which the outside views are changing as the taxi turns are being executed.

As soon as the outside view 'stabilises', the stutters stop.

Regards

Sometimes the "Holy Grail" is just there out of reach. I have given up on minor issues in FSX, the cost of tweaking time vs fly time is not worth it in most cases for me anymore. As long as I can land without wrecking due to bad performance, I'm good. One thing that has help a lot in such issues for me is Scenery Config Editor (once I figured it out).