Sign in to follow this  
Fsxsimmer758

Switching to DX10

Hi 

I am thinking of switching over to DX10 from DX9 I have bought the fixer from Steve. 

Are there any things that I need to know before I switch for example cfg changes for airports etc. 

I also have FT OMDB and I heard that the PAPI lights are in a red box.

Thanks

:)  

Except for reading the manual to get AA working havnt changed anything else. Being using it for a few months. so far no noticeable bugs, but FSX never looked so good.

Its Fantastic , Totally recommend it , Read the  manual & you be flying (Pardon the Pun), No more OOM's  , just waiting Aerosoft to make some of their products more compatible (AES) .

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X; ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 OC Edition,; Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 64GBSamsung Odyssey G70B 32inch 144Hz 4K UHD IPS Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160
Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; Tobii 5 Eye Tracker,  Trustmaster Boeing Yoke & Quadrant 

Paul Nicholls

What texture max load do I put in 2048 for 1024 for DX10 ? 

Whether DX9 or DX10, that parameter simply tells FSX what the maximum size texture it can load, so it's a case of weighing up the eye candy (2048) vs better frames (1024).

Personally I would start from 2048 and if you have trouble maintaining smoothness in cloud drop it down to 1024.

I got DX10 on my machine

Is this ok Im getting 15-20 FPS in the pmdg 737 on stand at EGKK ? 

My specs:

Core I5 4670K

Water cooling

2TB HDD

8GB RAM

GTX 760 OC

Windows 8.1