Sign in to follow this  
MadHatter

Prepar3d load sharing on a second computer

Greets all!

Has anybody written a tutorial on how to setup a second networked system to run weather and anything else that would lighten the load on the main Prepar3d system?

I understand your supposed to be able to do things like this using the SDK but I'm not real clear on it, or what all you can delegate to the second system.

Thanks.

Interesting question!

@ Rendi: Maybe you could go a little more into deteails?

What can be shifted to a network computer? I assume: Wheater; what else?

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

Hi all,

My example : 

- i use ASN via simconect

- i use FSC via WideFS or EFB via simconect

- i use Vpilot via simconect

- i use AFVA acars via WideFS

For WideFS must purchase a license and for simconnect  you must be configured as in example "http://support.hifitechinc.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/6/3/networked-configuration-with-simconnect"

Banner_MJC9.png

Today is the most beautiful day of my life...

Hi all,

My example : 

- i use ASN via simconect

- i use FSC via WideFS or EFB via simconect

- i use Vpilot via simconect

- i use AFVA acars via WideFS

For WideFS must purchase a license and for simconnect  you must be configured as in example "http://support.hifitechinc.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/6/3/networked-configuration-with-simconnect"

Thanks nicutapa.

Are these examples an exhausted list of what the second system can be used for, or is it just what most simmers are doing?

It is just what most simmers are doing. Of course there are many others software that can be installed on the  second computer and use via SimConect or Widefs, including move the gauges to a second computer

Banner_MJC9.png

Today is the most beautiful day of my life...

I use weather on a second computer, which for the moment is OPUS.  Also Aivlasoft EFB, and I used to use PRO ATC, but it crashes too much on the networked computer for no reason and I switched to VOX ATC, which I don't think will run on a second machine.  I also use FSmovMap with my android tablet...

Hi go to You tube look up frooglesim He has done a great vid on this matter for FSX

All the best

Hi go to You tube look up frooglesim He has done a great vid on this matter for FSX

All the best

Great sounds good. I'm assuming most if not all of the stuff in the vid can be applied to P3D.