Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Aerosoft Dublin X, a big improvement over Eiresim Dublin?

I'm currently using the Eiresim scenery for Dublin but I know Aerosoft has released a Mega Airport Dublin X scenery and I'm wondering how these two sceneries compare?

Anyone switched from Eiresim Dublin to Aerosoft Dublin and care to share the experience?

Richard Åsberg

There is no comparison - Aerosoft EIDW is fantastic stuff.

There is no comparison - Aerosoft EIDW is fantastic stuff.

And before this you used the Eiresim version?

Richard Åsberg

I have never owned the Eiresim version but I have seen it, and can tell you there is no comparison!

The Eiresim version is getting on for 5 years old, and the quality difference between the two is drastic.

Whether it's worth you upgrading depends how much emphasis you place on visual quality in the sim, and I guess how frequently you will use the airport!

Thanks, I think you convinced me to upgrade because I do like top notch visual quality and I already own lots of Aerosoft sceneries and overall I'm very happy with most of them.

Richard Åsberg

I previously used the Eiresim version and I must say the Aerosoft version is far superior, however it is quite resource intensive.

Bill

I find the Aerosoft scenery to be of much greater detail but it is very performance-hungry software (which is a shame considering all other Aerosoft scenery products are just fine!)

Maybe I should upgrade to a better PC!

While visually a treat, AS EIDW is also very VAS hungry. More so than any other airport I own.

While visually a treat, AS EIDW is also very VAS hungry. More so than any other airport I own.

I thought I'd read they have released an update which sought to address VAS usage, haven't got round to looking into it yet though!

Looking at the VAS consumption I hope it's not worse than Aerosoft LGTS?

I had major OOM issues with that scenery until I switched to DX10 mode in FSX. 

Richard Åsberg

Looking at the VAS consumption I hope it's not worse than Aerosoft LGTS?

I had major OOM issues with that scenery until I switched to DX10 mode in FSX.

In DX9 it is just as bad if not worse!

In DX9 it is just as bad if not worse!

Hmm...that's a bit alarming but I hope I will still be able to use it when running in DX10. That was a major improvement in my case for the LGTS issues I had.

Think I'll try to find some more info over at Aerosoft's forums about this scenery, any updates and potential issues before I buy it.

Richard Åsberg

Hmm...that's a bit alarming but I hope I will still be able to use it when running in DX10. That was a major improvement in my case for the LGTS issues I had.

Think I'll try to find some more info over at Aerosoft's forums about this scenery, any updates and potential issues before I buy it.

Don't get me wrong. I can run it and not get an OOM error, but I have to have only my DEP/ARR alternate active in the scenery.cfg and I am still pushing the envelope of max VAS use (and LGTS uses less as a matter of fact).

DX10 should be much better I would imagine (as DX9 is not as optimized as DX10 is).

Don't get me wrong. I can run it and not get an OOM error, but I have to have only my DEP/ARR alternate active in the scenery.cfg and I am still pushing the envelope of max VAS use (and LGTS uses less as a matter of fact).

DX10 should be much better I would imagine (as DX9 is not as optimized as DX10 is).

What you describe sounds very familiar to all the OOM issues there were with LGTS at release. Disabling scenery not in use can be a solution but I found that it's very much dependent on what type of scenery you've installed. In my case I could hardly notice any difference at all having all my scenery disabled/enabled (except for the DEP and ARR of course).

Well...after they released some patches/tools for LGTS in combination with switching to DX10 the OOM issues were solved so I do think I would be fine with this scenery as well but I still think I'll do some reading over at Aerosoft before I take my final decision.

Checked out your blog BTW, very nice :smile:

Richard Åsberg