Sign in to follow this  
ouri19

Help please with setting switches in XP10

Hello everyone i want to ask question please after a long time of searching

i would like to know the XPUIPC for XP10 it's actually a replacment of FSUIPC if i understend correctly

i am long time trying to setting the switches of the A320 NEO panel to my jostick buttons (saitk yoke and BU0826X card) like landing light or anything else.. i was doing it in FSX only with FSUIPC.

my question is it possible ? and i will be so happy if i get help with this

Thank you all !!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile:

My understanding of XPUIPC (I use it in my KingAir sim) is that it is only an intermediary between X-Plane dataRefs and FSX Offsets so FSX add-ons can talk to X-Plane. It doesn't provide the Joystick mapping facilities or any of that other col stuff as FSUIPC does.

That's not to say it won't in the future, but in today's iteration, it's only a converter. 

Ray S.

Check out my aviation portfolio:

http://scottshangar.net

thank you very much for the help sir ... do you know if there is any way to set the switchws of the cokpit example a320 neo to the joystik buttons?

do you know if there is any way to set the switchws of the cokpit example a320 neo to the joystik buttons?

Most advanced level aircraft provide key bindings so that you can assign various functions and switches to your joystick or keyboard. I'm afraid I can't comment on the A320, as I don't have it installed, but I'd be surprised if if doesn't have a few of these commands.

If you go to Settings > Joysticks & Equipment, and click on the Buttons: Adv Tab,

image.jpg

and then if you click on the joystick key you want to assign, and then click on the custom cmnds from plugins in the top right:

image.jpg

you should find a list of actions/commands that the aircraft supplies. e.g. Here its possible to assign the autopilot command on the BK117 to a button or key.

Thanks for that post, Tony! 

I have a full-size KingAir sim and was relegated to flying only default aircraft because I couldn't get any of my Joystick buttons to work with a few payware. I never knew that these advanced aircraft came with their own commands!

You just made my day!

Thanks! :lol:

• Upvote 1

Ray S.

Check out my aviation portfolio:

http://scottshangar.net

Thanks Ray :smile:. Yep, I actually only discovered this recently myself when I got myself a Saitek X52 and finally had more buttons than I knew what to do with. It comes in very useful on the Saab 340 for controlling the autopilot and some dials, and also on the Bell 407 for trim centering.

tony

i'm a novice with xp10 so don't fully understand the scope possible in this.

with add-ons such as the ones you mentioned & others like the FF757, do the developers provide the custom command plugins (they don't advertise they do) or does xp10 compile them for you.

for now, cheers

john martin

tony

i'm a novice with xp10 so don't fully understand the scope possible in this.

with add-ons such as the ones you mentioned & others like the FF757, do the developers provide the custom command plugins (they don't advertise they do) or does xp10 compile them for you.

Check this video out, it is for XPlane 9 and works the same for XPX, key/button assignment remains the same on both versions.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

carlos

thanks ... but my post was asking how / where aircraft specific commands (not standard xplane commands) are provided in the assignment options.

i can only assume that they are provided by the developers of aircraft such as the a320 / b757 as "plugins" ..... just as pmdg / LDS etc provide a UI for key commands / lua script for fsuipc assignment in fsx.

as i mentioned, i have not seen any of the payware xplane aircraft developers advertise they do and to what extent.... and i'm not buying their products if they don't & given ray & tony discussed above only a limited extent provided for some aircraft.

for now, cheers

john martin

Thanks Ray :smile:. Yep, I actually only discovered this recently myself when I got myself a Saitek X52 and finally had more buttons than I knew what to do with. It comes in very useful on the Saab 340 for controlling the autopilot and some dials, and also on the Bell 407 for trim centering.

hello, excuse me for asking, on your X52, do you manage to use the different modes to treble your key combinations in xplane or does it not work? I believe its called the 'pinkie' switch. 

Thanks

Ian

I never knew that these advanced aircraft came with their own commands!

tony / ray / ouri19

i'm confused .... you found some way of assigning custom / unique key / buttons in "advanced" addons !!

how .. does xplane itself compile them even though the developer has / hasn't ??

all i need is someone to give me a hint .... !!

for now, cheers

john martin

hello, excuse me for asking, on your X52, do you manage to use the different modes to treble your key combinations in xplane or does it not work? I believe its called the 'pinkie' switch

Not on Mac OS X no, but in X-Plane on Windows using the drivers provided it should work (but I didn't try it).

how .. does xplane itself compile them even though the developer has / hasn't ??

It doesn't, the developer has to provide these if they are different than the default X-Plane ones, e.g. A custom key on an FMC which isn't a standard X-Plane control.

tony / ray / ouri19

i'm confused .... you found some way of assigning custom / unique key / buttons in "advanced" addons !!

all i need is someone to give me a hint .... !!

Not sure what you are trying to do, but I'm assuming you are trying to do as FSUIPC is able to assign/read the Offsets of most Aircraft? Xplane uses datarefs to control advanced aircraft. Below is a tutorial I found and a utility, There is also a dataref viewer on the org somewhere where you can see what gets changed to help setup planes. Most of the devs will share what dataref they used if asked.

xJoyMap - Joystic to Dataref mapping http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11720

Dataref Tutorial http://forums.x-plane.org/?showtopic=55652

vincent / tony

thanks for your notes.

from earlier posts & your notes, it seems for reasons i don't understand that payware developers rely on the user to find & write their own mapping / assignments for custom commands that developer has used (& that it takes a special request to a developer to check what custom commands may have been used).

i would have thought the developers would include plugins as a matter of (marketing) course ... though i do note some seem to add plugins of limited scope.

i'm keen to try xplane with 757 / a320 addons, but i can't before buying understand if i will successfully & simply be able to map the many switches / rotaries etc that are included & are most likely operated by custom commands.

for now, cheers

john martin