Sign in to follow this  
saywhuut0627

Poor fps with add on aircraft

Just got the Steve dx10 fixer, everything is butter smooth locked at 30fps until I start flying a carenado plane. Is there an obvious setting I'm missing in the fixer program?

i5 4670k @ 4.3ghz

Gtx 760

16gb ram

1080p res

Hi, if you use the latest carenado with glass cockpit, yes you'll have a big impact with fps, but aren't the dx10, is that glass cockpit that eats frames! If you try in dx9 you'll see a similar impact on performances when you turn on the avionics!

Just got the Steve dx10 fixer, everything is butter smooth locked at 30fps until I start flying a carenado plane. Is there an obvious setting I'm missing in the fixer program?

i5 4670k @ 4.3ghz

Gtx 760

16gb ram

1080p res

You are not looking for FPS in FSX, you are looking for smoothness. FPS is not that relevant and DX10 is not going to change FPS from DX9 to DX10 significantly. Believe it or not the 4.3 GHz is better but you will really notice an increase the closer you get to 5.0 GHZ. What does your FSX.cfg look like? nvidia settings?