Sign in to follow this  
iPetroSS

PMDG vs. Airbus

First of all, let me say that I'm into both Boeing and Airbus and do not discriminate between them.

However, I'd like to ask if PMDG is planning on developing an Airbus simulation someday.

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I'd like to hear some more recent views on this!

Peter

Hi Peter,

Did you try the forum search function? 

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Until release of the B777 servicepack, the PMDG T7's fly-by-wire pretty much works in an Airbus fashion.

Hope that helps!   :P

Seriously, a brief search will bring up countless topics relating to a PMDG Airbus. PMDG's current to-do list is stuffed and does not include an Airbus as yet.

i swear to god that i will never ever, ever click on a topic concerning pmdg and airbus, untill the day that robert pinns a topic and i see that beautiful title with pinned  writen  in green next to it :Hmmmph:

You'll have to excuse my signature for this post as no doubt I'll be accused of all-sorts, but Rob's comments have always been either "nope" or "I'm not in a position to comment" whenever asked about the Airbus. So at this stage I'd not hold out hope (not to mention how busy they are: P3D and XP conversions, SP1 for 777, -300ER addon for 777, 747v2 with probable -8i/f addon, DC-6, next airliner project which I'd hanker a guess at the eJets.)

pmdg its a american company / airbus its european and we know the american don't love any european technology : rafale , airbus and other next gen technology. for american they are the only country with a good army a good history a good technology a good geopolitical management etc... its difficult to do a complex and automated aircraft like airbus , boeing is more simple and more easier to reproduct in flight simulator like fsx ...

pmdg its a american company / airbus its european and we know the american don't love any european technology : rafale , airbus and other next gen technology. for american they are the only country with a good army a good history a good technology a good geopolitical management etc... its difficult to do a complex and automated aircraft like airbus , boeing is more simple and more easier to reproduct in flight simulator like fsx ...

:blink:

Just two things to point out.

PMDG may well be able to reproduce an Airbus for FSX, if (!) they wanted to - but maybe they simply are not interested in doing so!

It's PMDG's choice which add-on they release as next and what not!

As a company they certainly also have to take commercial considerations into account!

If (!) PMDG had access to as much technical information from Airbus (what they do not have!) as they have from Boeing, then they might be releasing an Airbus-add-on as well.

But then again:

PMDG does not have that close ties to Airbus as they do have to Boeing!

That's at least two good reasons, why PMDG will most likely continue focusing on Boeing rather than Airbus.

It is just as simple as that and has nothing (!), absolutely nothing to do with the skills of PMDG as being fantastic developers!

One does also not need to be a real world airliner-pilot to acknowledge that both - Boeing as well as Airbus - have contributed a real lot to aviation technology and continue to do so!

Both companies offer technically advanced products and continue to improve and inventing!

And last but not least:

a good geopolitical management etc...

Please remember:

This is a flightsim-forum and therefore it may not be the proper place to discuss geopolitical management here!

i agree with you but im disapointed about anyone can take a airbus in precsion... like aerosoft is bad etc... american people dont want to focus on european technology its very bad ... the futur is airbus if a lot of kid play simulation with boeing we brake the futur of commercial aviation... if boeing authorized pmdg to reproduced theyre aircraft in precision they said secretely that exclusivity is for boeing no other like airbus dassault embraer socata...

There's talented FSLabs team working on A320 that will most likely be similar to PMDG quality, so I don't think it would make PMDG any sense to start from scratch with completely new Airbus project now. 

Probably for FSLabs it will be then easier to continue with A330 and others after they have completed the A320, after all they share basic cockpit layout and most systems.

Regards,

Joona L

Hahahahahahaha! Oh wait... you were serious?  :mellow:

And since I have a few minutes of spare time... Here goes:

1) Boeing can in no way forbid PMDG to develop an Airbus for whatever reason.

2) PMDG doesn't need close ties with Airbus to develop such an add-on, the only reason they're not doing it, is because they don't want to do so. Also, you may have noticed they kinda have a lot on their plate right now.

3) Boeing is more "simple" than Airbus? I take it you have studied both systems IN DETAIL then? Or did you design them yourself? (don't forget the FBW laws on the 777, 787 and 748).

4) Airbus is the future of commercial aviation: Yup, because Boeing made such big mistakes with the 777, 787, 777X that they're inches away from bankruptcy. Have you looked at the backlog for both companies? I'd say they're both doing very well.

5) Americans don't like European stuff? Judging by your post, you must be a European who doesn't like American stuff.... (And before you go there, yes, I'm a European too)

2) PMDG doesn't need close ties with Airbus to develop such an add-on, the only reason they're not doing it, is because they don't want to do so. Also, you may have noticed they kinda have a lot on their plate right now.

Really? ...I must've I missed that meeting with RSR. I don't remember there ever being a decision not to do Airbus.  There are all kinds of airplanes we would love to do but we can't do them all unless we have enough data to do them the way we've given our current and past projects the treatment it deserves. We would love to do Airbus BUT our pipeline is full for the next while.

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

Must've come out wrong.... I meant "don't want to right now." ;-)

Also, they way RSR laughed the question away at the Conference in Munich (was it Munich?) kinda reassured that position.

Also, they way RSR laughed the question away at the Conference in Munich (was it Munich?) kinda reassured that position.

Everybody wants us to do an Airbus so that is probably why RSR laughed the question away. But you know we don't show our cards, we hold them tight to our chest. :wink:

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64