Sign in to follow this  
iPetroSS

PMDG vs. Airbus

There's talented FSLabs team working on A320 that will most likely be similar to PMDG quality, so I don't think it would make PMDG any sense to start from scratch with completely new Airbus project now. 

Probably for FSLabs it will be then easier to continue with A330 and others after they have completed the A320, after all they share basic cockpit layout and most systems.

Regards,

Joona L

who said PMDG will start from scratch now.....maybe they have already started a few years ago.

For a PMDG Airbus thread, this one has not been too bad through 30 posts. 

Honestly, I could careless what PMDG makes next. 99% of the time I will buy it. We only know that the 747 2.0 and DC-6 are currently in development. They could have 5 other airplanes in development, or they could have none. 

What I do know is that I look forward to whatever PMDG releases in the future. The 777 has been keeping me busy lately and before I know it, they will be close to releasing something else. Whether it is an Airbus, Embraer, or a Piper, we will just have to wait and see! 

Jared Listinsky

The BlackBox one looks promising...

I bought the BlackBox A320 way back in August 2012 when it was v0.53 and at first thought it was OK but then gradually became more and more disappointed with it as I discovering all the things that seemed wrong with it. I've been receiving emails from them with every update they've released since then (they are now up to 0.81) and no matter how many improvements they've seemingly made or features implemented, I've always felt disappointed. Even with their latest update where they've completely overhauled the VC it still just feels really underwhelming and...'meh'.

I installed it once after 0.81, had a quick look and decided to uninstall it again realising I have so many better aircraft in my hangar. Even in it's current state maybe the flight model does feel nicer than other A320's I wouldn't know, but to me it still just seems to lack immersion to the point where I didn't even bother flying it.

I have a very nice A320 for X-Plane 10 which even though isn't perfect, is still miles better than the BBS one. I've pretty much given up on this one.

οχι ρε ουτε καν μακρια

this means

no way.Check youtube and forums to underastand what i am sayin

Yes YouTube is the first place I go to get truth on anything.

I think the black box Airbus is underestimated by people. It's not as graphically slick as the aerosoft bus but it's more realistic. The development process is slow and sometimes things that were working before stop working after an update. Support is poor. But I still think it will end up as a good Airbus product. Not in great depth, but only FSL promises that.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I think the black box Airbus is underestimated by people. It's not as graphically slick as the aerosoft bus but it's more realistic.

Maybe their A32x bu the A330 definitely not. Last time I tried the A330 FBW logic was seriously flawed, stall protections etc simply didn't work. 

Also FD felt rather weird, a bit like flying an aircraft with some severe hydraulic problems, I found myself constantly using maximum left / right stick and still it didn't turn fast enough for a Kai Tak approach for example. 

Maybe the next update will improve that, who knows. 

Regards,

Joona L