Sign in to follow this  
petepawn

c++ runtime error

Hi all, I made a flight UUDD - EGLL (UK2000 light version) with a Speedbird and when landing to EGLL a bell began piip in the background every, say, 5 seconds. My VAS was only about 5.8 Gb and I despite the sound managed to taxi a long way to the gate, but then I got a message about c++ runtime error and fsx closed down.

Any idea about what happened and is there solution to this?

Petteri Pulkkinen

EFNU

Petteri Pulkkinen

EFNU, Finland

The 5.8GB VAS must be a typo right?

As for C++

According the FSX install guide I use, the C++ library that came with FSX Acceleration was not the updated version.

The updated version is required for some aircraft.

I suggest you try to update:

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/KB961894/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=2067

If you are on English OS, then download the ENU (vcredist_x86.exe) version (2682K).

If you use another language OS, then select the download according your language, but it must be the x86 version!

Rob Robson

Thanks for the answer.

No 5.8Gb wasn't a typo, but I wrote what process explorer gives for all my system. On the other hand I've succesfully made longer flights of several hours, but this c++ issue now for the first time popped up.

Petteri

Petteri Pulkkinen

EFNU, Finland

Ok, but total VAS use of the whole PC is pretty uninteresting when trouble shooting FSX.

FSX can not make use more than 4GB VAS.....not even if you put 16GB RAM into your PC.

That is why we create a column in Process explorer that lets us see how much of those 4GB FSX has used.....not to see how much other things are using.

Ps....FSX needs all the power you have....CPU cycles, GPU bandwidth, etc......so you realy should not be running anything else (like internet, email, facebook, listening to music,).... if you want FSX to perform well!

Rob Robson

I am still trying to figure out how to get FSUIPC to give a warning, when I get low VAS.

Jared Shipley

I think it does that automatically.

Never set anything up and still got OOM (audio) warning on my previous installation.

Rob Robson