Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

Aerosoft's Night Environment series

Guys, the screenshots and videos look terrific, a few questions before I decide on buying some of the countries:

1. How is it on FPS compared to UTX's night lights or FTXG's vector road lights?

2. Do I need to turn it on/off if flying during day or night?

3. Did anybody try to install ontop of ORBX's FTXGlobal and if so do they work ok with each other?

Thanks,

Dirk. 

Hi

Firstly, bear in mind that ANE has three user settings - high, medium and low.

With this in mind:

1) High and medium hit my FPS hard, but of more concern for me was the extraordinarily high VAS usage - causing my first OOM crash in years. Low is no problem, not as nice visually as high, or medium, but a vast improvement over FTX.

2) No.

3) Yes and with no problems.

Regards

• Upvote 1

ad 1. Treat NE like photoscenery:

There is a VAS impact, the larger the area the more (NE Dubai won't hit you hard, but a large area like (NE) Germany ...)

So If you have VAS issues, and disable your not-used photoscenery anyway, include the not-used NE titles in that group (that's for Scenery Config Editor).

It would be nice to see a small demo area, surely they could cut out a piece of one of their night environment products.  In this way a person could test the impact of the setting and this product on their own computer setup.

I for one now have what could be considered an old computer but don't have the money to go out and upgrade just for flight simming.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Definitely agree with everyone regarding the FPS hit.  My machine is pretty powerful, I can run the PMDG 777 with heavy weather & scenery without it breaking a sweat.  

Night environment on high set my FPS from 60 in Dubai down to 20, fortunately on the lowest setting it still looks great and doesn't  hit the FPS.

Rob Prest

It would be nice to see a small demo area, surely they could cut out a piece of one of their night environment products.  In this way a person could test the impact of the setting and this product on their own computer setup.

I for one now have what could be considered an old computer but don't have the money to go out and upgrade just for flight simming.

Here you go, Bryan: Berlin demo on every NE product page:

http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd,,D13085

Pls. note that the fps effect is configurable (see the NE manual), and the VAS effect will depend on the size of the specific NE area covered.

Gosh I'm getting old...didn't see it.  Thanks for highlighting for me.

I'm going to give this a try before I buy.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Hi,

After i buy ANE i am not not abble to fly OOMS every flight. If i close ANE no OOM anymore. I see in the other messages to close other addons. So i have to get rit of other addons to run ANE????.

My PC I7 2600K (4.2 ) GTX780 ASUS  SSD 120GB 2e SSD 1TB HDD 3TB.W7 64bit DDR3 2100, Prepar3d 2.3.......

My pc has 3 scenery cfg files :

1 Daytime flying with NE packages disabled , so no fps hit

2 Cloudy weather Nighttime flying with NE packages enabled, 50% nightlighting

3 Clear weather Nighttime flying with NE packages enabled, 75% nightlighting ( special tweak to get 75% )

In this way I can have the eyecandy without a massive framerate hit and without OOMs.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I can only say that WOW, Night Environment has totally changed my sunrise and sunset flights, which are two of my favorite times to fly.  Coupling these with Orbx FTX Global, Europe Landclass and Vector will totally change your twilight flying; you will never want to go back to areas without Night Environment.

I also own Orbx N. California and fly with the Night Environment.  Fantastic!

I know from reading past forums that some folks have complained about the price of the Night Environment software.  I have shared messages with the developer, Chris Bell, and he tells me that their software is very labor intensive in that the lighting is created by human labor and not via some computer algorithm.  I personally don't mind paying the price.  Once again, if you try these products, I think you will be hooked.

Thanks guys,

it is so nice to see how everyone getting to know our products architecture

and how to run it properly on their individual machines to the fullest extent

NightEnvironment can be made to run on virtually any Sim Level PC

wrapped with any addons you wish; one must remember...

and I’m glad to finally say for now!; we are still limited to the 3.6GB available ram

it really makes no difference to many of you who run their Sim tight as is

at that starting point; just about any addon could lead to OOM; it’s never NE per say

usually many of our customers already run heavy as is

once they reach out for support; some of this thread responders can attest

i personally take the time to walk them through to get them familiarized with NE's architecture

and help them to get the best NE they can run on their Sim

9 out of 10 will end up running comfortably on level 3 "tweaked"; and never look back again

Chris, 

what do you mean with level 3 "tweaked" ? I am running an i7-2600k @4.8, a GTX680 and 8Gb DDR3, but level 3 is putting my system down to its kness...i.e. it is barely flyable, and that's a pity because the visual effect is stunning. Also level 2 when flying over large urban areas such as London or Paris make it very difficult to manage.

Is there any tweak we can apply to be able to run Level 3 or even level 2 with lower fps hit ?

Thanks

Regards

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Is there any tweak we can apply to be able to run Level 3 or even level 2 with lower fps hit ?

Yes, Night Environment is extremely modular and can be further tweaked beyond the factory preconfigured levels

Yes, Night Environment is extremely modular and can be further tweaked beyond the factory preconfigured levels

uhhh, how?

this information is in our "advance manual"; this is an internal proprietary documentation provided to all our customers on a need basis!

it is necessary for safe keeping our customers from causing unintentional technical issues;

once a customer contact myself or AS support with an issue that’s not of the ordinary

the manual provide additional insights to Night Environment architecture

and allows one to further optimize their environment as needed

most of our customers are happy with NE out the box

and never has to open an advance manual or advance tweaking

the few who do need further assistance; we provide them with the document;

and walk them through to make sure they understand NE insights before they continue on their own

many here have had such assistance from myself or AS support and can attest to this

our team is always helpful; and always available to help our customers

it does speed up the process when we are contacted on AS forums; where our team is most active