Sign in to follow this  

hello guys im about to upgrade my processor to an i7. i was wondering if there is an performance increase if i upgrade my i5 4570 to i7 4770? here my other spec:

ram:8gb

gpu: gtx 660 2gb

HDD: 500gb 7200rpm

note: im choosing the non-k version cause i have no idea how to overclock plus i think my mobo is not capable of overclocking.

You'll definitely have a performance boost, but probably not what you want for the money that a 4770 costs.

The 4770 is only 200 Mhz faster normally, and only 300 Mhz faster while in the automatic "turbo" mode.

You could overclock your 4570k 200 Mhz very easily as long as your motherboard's BIOS allows you to change the CPU multiplier (most all of them do).

Quick comparison of the two: http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-4770-vs-Intel-Core-i5-4570

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

You need to get 4570k as you will want to overclock and you need the K version to do it and yes you will see a nice boost

Rich Sennett

In FSX or P3d I'd think any gains will be minimal and most likely not noticeable.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

You'll definitely have a performance boost, but probably not what you want for the money that a 4770 costs.

The 4770 is only 200 Mhz faster normally, and only 300 Mhz faster while in the automatic "turbo" mode.

You could overclock your 4570k 200 Mhz very easily as long as your motherboard's BIOS allows you to change the CPU multiplier (most all of them do).

Quick comparison of the two: http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-4770-vs-Intel-Core-i5-4570

even though i bought the 4770k i think my board cant handle the overclock im only using the asus h81m-c which is one of the cheapest 1150 board by the way yes i can overclock my current processor like 200 to 300 max but its not worth the risk. :)

I always recommend getting the "K" version of Intel's chips so you can overclock for a nice performance boost.

[edit]: Intel just released their new line of processors, the "Haswell Refresh" series.

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design