Sign in to follow this  
conura

Is UrbanMaxx Pro V2 still worth buying?

Hey all,

I am looking to improve the look of the sim. I know there have been significant advances in the autogen since 2012, so is UrbanMaxx pro still worth a buy?

Hope you can advise!

Thanks

Guest Mik75

Absolutely worth every cent! It´s one of the essential add ons for me! With some good OSM scenery and decent settings, it just looks amazing! 

Only if you want to use photo scenery exclusively, you won't need it! ;-)

Hey all,

I am looking to improve the look of the sim. I know there have been significant advances in the autogen since 2012, so is UrbanMaxx pro still worth a buy?

Hope you can advise!

Thanks

Absolutely! It's well worth it, the scenery around big cities is a lot more convincing. Plus it's only $8 ;)

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

Another yes here. If you're not using photo scenery, it makes cities and towns look a bit more like cities and towns, and it's cheap :smile:

I don't actually use anything other than the default scenery (the HD Mesh v2 is great but I can't deal with roads in my airports!) and SkyMaxx Pro (amazing!)

Thanks guys, will go ahead and buy :)

For the price it's definitely worth a punt, but I've actually uninstalled mine now. At first I really liked it but gradually got a feeling that the amount of green is way too high, and also too vivid compared to the rest of the sim's palette. Looked like having huge chunks of the Amazon in downtown London.

Generally people seem to like it though so you should be good.

OTOH if you really want to improve the look of the sim have you tried the changes in this thread?

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/433908-experimenting-with-art-controls-raleigh-scattering/

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

YES!! and if you buy it you'll receive a free upgrade when V3 is Available 

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick