Sign in to follow this  
Sarge27

Green trees in winter?!

i just noticed that my deciduous trees are in full bloom in the middle of winter! going back and taking a look at my screenshots i see that this change took place sometime between Jan 30 and Feb 12. i'm also missing my fall trees! i have to believe that i installed something that did this...but i have no idea what. i tinker with my FS practically daily.i've tried re-installing gerrish gray's treesv3 but that didnt change anything. can anyone suggest a way to get my winter and fall trees back?thankschris

Guest jaapverduijn

Would you... eh... by any chance... eh... incidentally be flying on... eh... sort of... eh... well... the Southern hemisphere? (Sorry "I Fly AWACS": I couldn't resist the temptation to refer to the most hilarious thread in years - wide and wicked grin)!Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

um, no. i tested this is the northern US, Canada, and Denmark. snow is on the ground...winter textures look great....but i have green deciduous trees.chris

Guest RonB49

It must be that darned global warming that I keep hearing about. R-

Chris,Are you sure the trees you look at are deciduous? I know most of the trees above N55

yeah, at least i think they are. i dont see ANY bare trees here at all. here's some screenshots of all 4 seasons in the order of spring/summer/fall/winter http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/107383.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/107384.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/107385.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/107386.jpgi've looked in the texture folder and i DO have winter textures in there, but for whatever reason they are not being displayed.thxchris

>It must be that darned global warming that I keep hearing>about. R-I vote this for AVSIM one-liner of the year. I'm still laughing at :-lol :-lol :-lol

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Guest Philip Olson

Just a thought, what add-ons have you added lately? You may be able to chase out the problem by removing add-ons one at a time until you find the possible culprit. I can not say for sure that it will work but it may. I am no expert in the scenery area but it seems logical that some add-on caused this behaviour and removing it may let things go back the way they were. If I come up with any other ideas I'll let you know.Good luck!Philip OlsonI'm the luckiest man in the world, my girl friend has a yoke and rudder pedals! Eat your hearts out!http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

thanks, Philip. thats what i'm assuming too. i've narrowed it down to it happening in a 2 week period, but unfortunately i add/remove things from my FS more than i actually fly it! it could be 1 of dozens of things that caused it.i'm starting the slow process of trying to figure out which it may be.chris

ok...i've believe that Flightsim Brasil's Key West scenery is the culprit. here's what happens:when i un-install the scenery, ALL of my trees disappear and my autogen starts flashing white. when i put it back in, my autogen returns to normal and i get all of my trees back....except for fall and winter trees.i have an email into them, but in the meantime would love to hear any ideas as to how to fix this. it appears the installing the scenery changes or replaces something and uninstalling it does NOT put whatever it changes, back to the way it was before.thankschris

Hello Chris,This problem arises because the seasons are incorrectly defined in tropical areas - in the Fall, you will see Autumn foliage and bare branches in the Winter! So, it seems that the Key West scenery gets around this by replacing the autogen texture sheets for Fall and Winter with Summer versions. Unfortunately, this "solution" affects vegetation everywhere in the world.To correct the problem, simply extract the autogen texture sheets from the original CDs - they are treesFA.bmp, treesWI.bmp, treesHW.bmp, treesSP.bmp, and treesSU.bmp, covering all the seasons - and place them in the FS 9/Texture folder. You will get your winter trees back.Best regards.Luis

Now if we can just get the trees here in the south to STAY green in the winter! OK, maybe a little brown, but let's face it, this isn't Minot, N.D.! (But FS must think it is.)Sarge27Dallas, TX (Winter depresses me!)