Sign in to follow this  
imn2sims

AES and GSX together?

Like the title, can both co-exist without problems.  I already use GSX but want to install AES to gain Jetway functionality at a couple of add-ons that have static jetways only.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve Corzine

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I have both, but don't use them at the same time, e.g., if I have AES at a particular airport, I don't use GSX at the airport, otherwise you have two marshallers, and some vehicles overlap each other, but otherwise no worries.

I have both for the same reason. Interestingly, having both and being able to compare, I find that neither is perfect - both have features the other doesn't.

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

Exactly as Brian said.  The two products do not interfere with each other.  Having both, I use GSX in airports for which I do not have AES.  For me the one feature AES has over GSX is the moving, high-performance, jetways.  On the other hand, with GSX I can see loaders actually loading/unloading baggage.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

I have both, but don't use them at the same time, e.g., if I have AES at a particular airport, I don't use GSX at the airport, otherwise you have two marshallers, and some vehicles overlap each other, but otherwise no worries.

I have both for the same reason. Interestingly, having both and being able to compare, I find that neither is perfect - both have features the other doesn't.

OK, that makes sense.  So, does AES start like GSX with a key sequence? For instance CTRL-F12 is used in GSX. Or is it just by default active at airports where it is installed?

Steve

Steve Corzine

Steve,

The AES program is free.  It comes with AES services (jetways, etc.) available for some airports.  Suggest you download it, play with it and see how you like it.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

They work great together.

In AES I delete the cargo doors only leaving the jetway door on airplanes.

In GSX I set the vehicles for the cargo doors.

I have GSX not do pushback or marshals and set "this spot has a jetway" at the AES airports. This works great.

Pull up to gate, jetway comes up automatically, open gsx menu and set de-boarding, cargo vehicles come out from GSX and unload my airplane.

AES is the superior pushback program too. It can get expensive buying credits for all the airports you have if you use a lot of addon airports.

OK, great, all excellent replies guys!! This is why I love AVSIM, lots of great people helping each other,  well most of the time that is :Whistle: .

Steve

Steve Corzine