Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_Owl

737NGX Paper Manual

Hello everyone,

I've always been a pen-and-paper kind of guy and after I bought the 737 NGX a while ago (and never flown it until very recently), I felt the immediate need to buy the paper manuals. The aircraft is complex and its documentation is top notch professional material. However, I don't see them on the store page. Are they still available? If not, do you guys know where I could buy them?

Cheers,

Chuck

I also like paper documentation, but in this case that's 1000s of pages so I wouldn't be surprised if the cost was greater than for the 737NGX sim itself. One advantage of the elctronic docs that I've found very useful is the ability to quickly search and find a topic.

I would contact PMDG about the availability of paper documentation. You could also print out parts of the documentation as needed and put it in a loose leaf binder, thus building up what you need over time. As a last resort I guess you could try contacting Boeing directly.

Good luck,

Al

I read the posts in that link. Seems like no matter which way you go, printing the manuals is expensive.

Let me share what I am doing if I may. I am learning the 737NGX in two paths: (1) systems FCOM2 manual knowledge and (2) flight procedures from FCOM1 and FCTM.

I selectively print one system at a time and learn that system. I mark and comment on my printed pages and most importantly, note any LIMITATIONS for that system. This does two things: I don't have to print the limitations themselves and I have all related limitations in my systems chapter which I put into my large 3-ring binder. Learning the limitations is a very major part of learning the 737NGX.

I have a tab for procedures which for me is mainly the Boeing standard for flying an ILS approach. I will be adding other procedures such take-off/normal climb, reduced climb and cut-back climb which integrates with the FMC/CDU. I personally don't fly non-precision approaches so I have no tabs for those.

I have no schedule to keep in doing all of this and I can learn at my own pace, thus, I can spread out my printing costs over time, which I like.

But most importantly, I do not have to print everything from all the manuals. Just what I am focused on and need. For example, I will not be printing the QRH since I have no interest in doing abnormal or emergency procedures in my flying. My flying is mainly to keep my IFR skills as up to date as possible by flying the PMDG 737NGX. That's all I use it for and that's all I care about for myself.

In the FCOM2 there are a lot of pages that come before the first major system so I am able to skip the printing of that stuff and get right to the systems.

My aircraft is a BBJ -800 so, where possible, I can also skip printing non-800 related pages (saves a little printing).

So, when I am done with all of this, I will have a tabbed and tab-labeled 3-ring binder where I can quickly find any major system and a tabbed and labeled procedures section where I can quickly find and review whatever procedures I have determined to print and save.

That's my training approach and technique.

:P

Printing just what YOU need, as YOU need it, sounds like a good approach to me.
Al

Probably all sold out.

They don't keep them in a warehouse. They just send  your order to JetPub, and  then send to customer.

I think they have been withdrawn until further notice. Most likely due to incident in the recent past.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.