Sign in to follow this  
Cai Zicheng

France VFR Products Compatibility with Orbx Products

Hi Simmers,

I have read somewhere online that FranceVFR products does not work with Orbx products. Some say the autogen can get corrupted if FranceVFR and Orbx products are both installed. Right now France VFR products are on sale at simMarket and they do look nice from the screenshots. So can anyone tell if products from the two developers work together or not?

Thanks,

Zicheng Cai

Zicheng Cai

Hello Zicheng!

The FranceVFR products that are on sale appear to be photoscenery only... with no autogen.

I have had a similar question in mind as I need to reinstall my simulator with all of my desired sceneries including FranceVFR sceneries with autogen.  I have had a plan in mind to install all of my non-ORBX sceneries first, and then to make a backup of these files: 

AutogenDescriptions.spb

Materials.spb

RoofDescriptions.spb

And then to install my ORBX regions while keeping these backups so I can merge all of the descriptions together as noted on a post from http://libertysim.net/ 

I have quite a few France VFR airport addons, which at least appear to be compatible with FTX-Global. I am not sure however whether the France VFR Regional Scenery with autogen (as distinct from the Photo HD scenery) would be compatible and whether the presence of FTX-Global would affect the France VFR textures and autogen as I think there would be a degree of overlap in what both are trying to achieve.

Bill

I have the regional areas with FTX England, and they're not compatible (or weren't a few months ago). If you enable FTX England, the trees all disappear, so crossing the channel isn't possible.

I have the regional areas with FTX England, and they're not compatible (or weren't a few months ago). If you enable FTX England, the trees all disappear, so crossing the channel isn't possible.

Hi Tony,

Have you tried merging the three files as mentioned by Phred98765?

AutogenDescriptions.spb

Materials.spb

RoofDescriptions.spb

Zicheng Cai

Have you tried merging the three files as mentioned by Phred98765?

No, but will definitely give it a try later on. Last time I asked about compatibility John Venema (Of Orbx) stated that he'd spoken to the developers of FranceVFR about compatibility, but they didn't want to share work together for some reason

The 2 developers (OrbX and FranceVFR) don't seem to be playing nice with each other, as to who is at fault who knows?

The problem is that FSX can only reference one set of autogen files, and neither dev is including the others autogen info in their files.

Whilst FVFR aren't happy about it you can download a set of autogen compatibility files that should allow you to use both concurrently without problems from Earth Simulations.

https://earthsims.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/235619-i-need-the-autogen-compatibility-files

Good luck!

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

The 2 developers (OrbX and FranceVFR) don't seem to be playing nice with each other, as to who is at fault who knows?

The problem is that FSX can only reference one set of autogen files, and neither dev is including the others autogen info in their files.

Whilst FVFR aren't happy about it you can download a set of autogen compatibility files that should allow you to use both concurrently without problems from Earth Simulations.

https://earthsims.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/235619-i-need-the-autogen-compatibility-files

Good luck!

That seems interesting. Has anyone tried it yet?

Zicheng Cai

http://www.francevfr.com/agx_EN.htm

Orbx is not part of contributors of AGX. So France VFR and Orbx remain not fully compatible.

The compatibility files I linked and referred to are NOT AGX. They are a set of merged files containing autogen definitions for OrbX, Earth Simulations AND all those included in franceVFR's AGX..

This problem is IMHO caused entirely by Microsoft's decision to only allow the use of one set of files, compounded by devs desire to restrict your use of competing products (hello OrbX!)

At least the ES compatibility files allow us the consumers to avoid most if not all of the resulting autogen conflicts :)

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png