Sign in to follow this  
swadeep

Thai Creation VABB elevation issue

Hey guys. I just got the Thai Creation VABB but there's apparently an elevation issue on the runway where the aircraft just sinks to the ground. Anyone has this problem and fixed it? Would appreciate your help please. I am using FTX Global also and i have tried searching and got the fix file which contains 2 new bgl but still the problem wont go away. Tried rearranging the order of VABB and VAJJ also but still same problem. Please help.

Thanks

Swadeep

Are you using FTX Vector?[/quote

Forgive me but is that another product? Anyway I only have one product installed from ORBX and that's FS global. In FTX central I have both ORBX trees and vector lighths ticked.

Thanks

Swadeep

This is a known problem of this product. A lot of people see that problem. Yet there is no good fix now.

Zicheng Cai

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Did you try the fix in post #77 ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

yes i did. tried that but no luck at all.

Nothing else I can suggest, sorry.

Nothing else I can suggest, sorry.

No worries. Thanks for trying.

Anyone else?

If you have Global installed then it also installs Vector, you need the latest version from their forums and to run the airport elevation program so it scans installed scenery and removes conflicting files.

If you have Global installed then it also installs Vector, you need the latest version from their forums and to run the airport elevation program so it scans installed scenery and removes conflicting files.

do you mean FS GLOBAL latest version which is 1.20? I have that installed already.

thanks

swadeep

Bump ... i have come across a suggestion to delete the VABB_RWY9_LIGHT.BGL & VABB_RWY14_LIGHT fields. This does fix the elevation problem for me but obviously kills the runway lights in the process. I am not sure (yet?) if i can open and modify these files myself as i have only used ADEX which can not open them and truth be told, i am no expert on BGL files as i really only amend parking spots to my liking.

But maybe this is a clue for someone with more knowledge of editing BGL files like these ?

For those still struggling with the elevation issue I think I have found the cause. The airport and its associated terrain is set at an elevation of 27.03m whereas the stock airport is at 37m. There seems to be an issue about changing elevation of FSX stock airports, to correct which ADEx creates what is called a 'stub' BGL file in World\Scenery, in this case it would be VABB_ADEX_ADE_ALT.BGL. Further, from what I gather, this file needs to be in the said folder to have effect. So to create this file what you can do is open the VABB_ADEX_ADE.BGL afcad file in ADEx and change its elevation to something else and back to 27.03m and compile. This should fix the elevation. Remember to backup VABB_ADEX_ADE_OBJ.BGL and replace when done as ADE deletes it upon compiling.

General question,

Not an expert in Afcads,

Use ADEX to alter the afcad ( only gates & aircraft assignments), I have never made a back up of _OBG.BGL.

I never check to see if this is in the original airport Scenery folder.

Is this a mistake on my part that I have never done this or is it when you are only altering the elevation?

What does the _OBG.BGL do.