Sign in to follow this  
davidzill

REX4 TD

Is REX4 TD more DX10-friendly than previous REX versions? Horrible performance in clouds was a primary reason I switched back to dx9

Hi David, 

Cloud textures in REX are developed per the SDK standards. If you don't have the proper higher end hardware of today, and you choose to utilize higher resolution textures than normal, then of course your performance will suffer. 

Always make sure you're using the DXT5 option for clouds in REX.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Is REX4 TD more DX10-friendly than previous REX versions? Horrible performance in clouds was a primary reason I switched back to dx9

You should have no real issues with your rig. Mine works great.

Thanks Speirs, I just made a successful switch to dx-10 the other day and this time I must have performed every step correctly, because in most circumstances, performance, although the same fps due to my cfg setup, is much much smoother.

Hi David and Ric,

As a heads-up, today Service Pack 2 for Texture Direct was released. Simply use the Check For Updates button within the Texture Direct interface. Make sure you follow it through until SP2 has been installed (for those who are not up to date). We're simply trying to get the word out, and I hope you enjoy!

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com