Sign in to follow this  
johnbla

ATC voice communications

I am looking for a programme that enables me to "talk" to the default ATC. I currently use Voice Attack which gives me voice activated commands. Eg if I want option 2 in the ATC menu, I would say 2. However, I am finding this a bit unrealistic. I would much prefer to be able to say eg "Delta 1 request take off vfr." Am I able to get Voice Attack to do this for me, but I suspect it would be too much.

I have looked at Multi Crew Experience in the past but the demo is now past it's 7 days. If I was to purchase it, does the lite version do what I want it to do? Also, has anyone got any other suggestions.

I have tried the demo of Voxatc, but there was too many options for me.

Many thanks

John

Multi Crew Experience is definitely what you  need. I use it only for ATC and it's brilliant. But I have the full version, so I can't say what the Lite version does. No doubt someone else will be able to confirm.

See the comparison table here:

http://secure.simmarket.com/fs-limited-multi-crew-experience-lite-edition-(de_6812).phtml

The lite version interacts with default ATC, but only supports default planes.

Chances are, you want the ultimate edition anyway, sooner or later: Radar Contact has a nice clean user interface and MCE can voice-control it. See also the VoxKey/VoxScript features and the list of addons the ultimate edition interacts with: numerous addon planes, GSX, AES.

http://secure.simmarket.com/fs-limited-multi-crew-experience-lite-edition-(de_6812).phtml

Chances are, you want the ultimate edition anyway, sooner or later: Radar Contact has a nice clean user interface and MCE can voice-control it. See also the VoxKey/VoxScript features and the list of addons the ultimate edition interacts with: numerous addon planes, GSX, AES.

Thanks guys. I usually fly VFR with the Milvz Baron. Does this mean that I cannot use the default ATC with MCE lite version with this aircraft?

Thanks

Default ATC should work fine in lite, but MCE interaction with the Baron will be limited: For custom code of the Baron, MCE doesn't provide an interface (not as yet, AFAIK), only where stock/default variables are used in the Baron, MCE interaction is possible.

The Milviz B732 is supported. If(!) it shares some code with the Baron, some more MCE interaction could be possible:

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

But that needs to be confirmed by FS++ Simulations.

Pls. note that any aircraft that will be added to the ultimate edition in the future, will be available to ultimate users at no extra cost.

If you want to talk to ATC then I recommend flying online. The ATC programs are a bit of a joke tbh.

vatsim s3

1133704.png

I use VAC and its recognition is fantastic, It will easily cope with long commands.

http://www.dwvac.com/

VoiceAttack seems a bit buggy and lacks a few features but it should be able to do what you are asking. Training the windows Voice recognition more may help

Hang on guys. All the OP wants to do is talk to default FSX ATC. That doesn't require support for any specific aircraft.

I've asked the MCE devs to comment on this.