Sign in to follow this  
woodhick

Landing Lights Don't Illuminate Ground

There, I said it and I'm glad (LOL).  Using P3D.  Lights show as on (visible illumination on lenses) but nothing shows on the ground.  Ideas?  Help?

Perhaps you have changed the aircraft lighting via a tool like REX... changing the halo.bmp in FSX at least is a known cause of landing light illumination problems for certain aircraft...

may be the same thing happens to P3D as well?

A

Humm, interesting idea.  I do have REX installed.  I thought I'd only changed airport lighting, not aircraft lighting though.  Would that cause the loss of LL's?

It all depends on how the landing lights in the Carenado B200 are coded I suppose...

RealAir's planes in FSX are susceptible, which is why there is a special setting in REX lights for them (I guess it replaces the default halo.bmp)

I do not have P3D, I am just passing on my experience with FSX and this issue... maybe there is a link between aircraft and airport lighting for the halo.bmp in P3D... I can't tell you that...

A

Not a problem and thanks.  I at least have a possible direction to go now.

This is a known bug in Prepar3D and has apparently been fixed for v2.3

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10

Follow-up on this issue, but with FSX (SP2/Acel) for the FSX/P3D Carenado B200.

The landing/taxi light objects appear when looking at the nose gear from outside the aircraft.  Both landing and taxi lights are there and cast a minimal amount of light on the ground.  However, when in the cockpit, there is absolutely no illumination whatsoever on the ground where you can see over the nose.  I've compared the Carenado 208B and what a big difference....it lights up the ground in front beautifully.  Just not the B200 FSX/P3D.

Any solutions for this yet?

Thanks,

Mike

One thing I've seen (at least for some aircraft and some lights).  Don't test landing lights in time preview mode.  Some of them won't work.  Set the clock to actual nighttime.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Gregg,

Thank you sir.  That's what I do.  Place the B200 at an airport and set the sime time to "Nighttime".

Here's a pic from outside looking at nose with landing lights on.

jQmc7l0.png

Here's a shot from inside the cockpit.  Almost nothing and should be alot, lot more light.

XLAB9hz.jpg

Hope the image links work...regardless, there is almost no light reflected on the ground.

Thanks,

Mike

Looks like the light peters out under the dash.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Just bought and installed this bird, and at night I can't see a thing. Does anyone have a solution?

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Carenado did not model the landing lights very well.  You will need to move your eyepoint up and look over the dash a bit more to be able to see it.

Yeah, they really didn't. Maybe I can replace or change a bitmap or effect or something...

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Since the B200 was released years ago and they have already updated it to fix a few things, I would not hold my breath waiting for Carenado to issue any further patches.

Edited by stans

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I believe they are part of the model.  If not, I'm sure someone would have edited them by now.  I agree they are weak.  I'm not sure how they are on the real 200.

landing.png