Sign in to follow this  
Sirxamoc

Is the 747 being advertised "747-200/300 HD FSX" Prepar3D Ready?

I just opened my email and had a advert advertising the new 747-200/300 HD FSX ready.  Normally I would go their website and ask this type of question, but they, CLS are not exactly readily accessable to leave post.  Even to registered customers!

So I have made a pact with myself, only purchase software that is at minimum P3D ready and does not need a migrator tool to install to P3D. 

So if a CLS type person is trolling this area, when will you like others Captain Sim, Aerosoft, HiFi, Majestic, start making it available to P3D customers?

According to the JustFlight site it is P3D v3 ready.

Cheers

Mallard

Got it and installed it - and during the process it offered all three options, FSX, P3D v1 and v2.

Cheers

Mallard

I just went back to the CLS site, and could not find the refference to P3D, but I did go to the JustFlight site and found the refference.  HMMM, I think I will wait till I see a few others purchase and report on this.

Well - it's a heck of an improvement against the original version. I have it running in FSX DX10 - and finally the displays work fine, especially with the night illumination. And there are also some more lighting effects that are quite nice. Textures are neat as well...

I got it as an upgrade at the reduced price through the JF site, so it was no real question for me. I was about to delete the old version, as it didn't really convince me. But this update makes it interesting again.

And it definitely has the P3D 1 and 2 install-option ;)

Cheers

Mallard

You guys know if it's possible to get the INS instead of the FMC?

I want the old school  stuff, but haven't figured out how to get it, sadly.

• Upvote 1

When i look at the screenshots of this new HD upgrade i do not see any VC with the 3 x INS in it.

Can someone confirm that with this upgrade it is still possible to have 3 X INS ?

I am not at all interested in their 'Lite' version FMC CDU. The INS is about the only thing that is challenging and realistic for this add-on

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

When i look at the screenshots of this new HD upgrade i do not see any VC with the 3 x INS in it.

Can someone confirm that with this upgrade it is still possible to have 3 X INS ?

I am not at all interested in their 'Lite' version FMC CDU. The INS is about the only thing that is challenging and realistic for this add-on

There is no INS, all four types (I think) have FMC. And the FMC is half baked, I can't even figure out how to see where I am on the route, need to whip out the Garmin to do that, very realistic. I guess 747 pilots are supposed to carry the Garmin in their pockets :)

The VC textures are not that great, certainly not something I would call HD.

Apart from all this, I still like it, the analogue style gauges, paddles and all... Good frames in P3D.

Thanks for the confirmation on the INS.

So they've repainted the outsides, added some clickbuttons to the FE section in the VC and changed some textures with HD but still surrounded by the old fuzzy ones.

And added some light effects on the dashboard.

But they removed the best part of the show, which was one of the best implementations of INS in an FSX addon.

In all, that comes accross as a lazy, easy-money-making job to include P3D users to me which they can afford to do because there is no competitor for the classic 747.

• Upvote 1

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

Thanks for the confirmation on the INS.

So they've repainted the outsides, added some clickbuttons to the FE section in the VC and changed some textures with HD but still surrounded by the old fuzzy ones.

And added some light effects on the dashboard.

But they removed the best part of the show, which was one of the best implementations of INS in an FSX addon.

In all, that comes accross as a lazy, easy-money-making job to include P3D users to me which they can afford to do because there is no competitor for the classic 747.

To be fair, the FSX HD version costs the same, so maybe not ripping off P3D customers. It's just of dated texture quality.

I would have spent the 10 or 15 euros for the upgrade but the missing INS is a show stopper for me.

It is too bad because this add-on had a few things going fot it that made it enjoyable to fly.

Although i have my doubts about the flight model itself, When reaching a stall due to nose up attitude + insufficient throttle it is impossible to recover from it ... not even when you are at FL300.

It will simply drop like a brick straight down with 4 x the speed of sound. As if FS slew mode takes over from that point on giving you no chance to nose dive to recover from the stall,

The plane will also perfom all sorts of acrobatic tricks when touching the stab trim while in flight.

And still, some aspects of the addon make it enjoyable.

• Upvote 1

Antoine v Heck
---

I upgraded from the original LD version and  now have both LD and HD aircraft in my hangar.  It looks as if the 3xINS option is only available on the original LD aircraft.  I don't know if you get both LD and HD versions if you buy the new version from scratch, rather than upgrade as I did.  You could try asking JustFlight who are very good people to deal with.

Perhaps a panel expert here would like to generate a new panel config file to allow the INS to be retrofitted!

Now if only there was a way to combine the gorgeous new CLS flight deck textures with the Ready For Pushback systems logic.

Bryn

Have any of you experience any CTD in p3d 3.4 with this, I can't use the DC-10 HD in p3d becuase it crashes after about 2 hours of flight. 

Have any of you experience any CTD in p3d 3.4 with this, I can't use the DC-10 HD in p3d becuase it crashes after about 2 hours of flight. 

Ya, VAS problems after two hours.  Rumor has there's a new nvidia driver out now that fixes it.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060