Sign in to follow this  
raam123

Is it good enough for 3 monitor setup?

I use Nvidia surround with 3 DELL 24" monitors.

I get low Fps (around 11fps) with my Evga GTX 680 2GB Signature 2 SOC during heavy scenery use, weather and flying online...

I want to upgrade and buy Evga GTX 780 Ti 3GB.

I need the expert advise, will I see big difference ?

Thx all for replaying!

I use Nvidia surround with 3 DELL 24" monitors.

I get low Fps (around 11fps) with my Evga GTX 680 2GB Signature 2 SOC during heavy scenery use, weather and flying online...

I want to upgrade and buy Evga GTX 780 Ti 3GB.

I need the expert advise, will I see big difference ?

Thx all for replaying!

You will see an improvement, sure.  However, you would gain considerably more by considering a triple-PC setup with GTX 4GB 770 (recommend msi-brand with amazing TwinFrozr air cooling pipe system) and then go try X-Plane 10 with network setup.

You will benefit from having the workload split up between 3 PCs instead of ONE PC driving three monitors.

I've been where you are now, and honestly, the fish-eye effect was a buzz kill.  Take a look at my videos (see link below my sig) for X-Plane 10 w/ 3 27" screens on 3 PCs.  Frames are always 28 or higher, even at complex airports.

Another side benefit:  64-bits - no more OOM errors. 

Video Card VRAM is critically important in XP10, which is designed to use ALL the GPU ram.  4GB or more is recommended for max textures and graphics.

HD Textures (Free) plus Skymaxx 1.3.3 (clouds- payware) are both must-owns for XP10.

Best of luck.

Plan B might be Prepar3D with Multi-Player.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

You will see an improvement, sure. However, you would gain considerably more by considering a triple-PC setup with GTX 4GB 770 (recommend msi-brand with amazing TwinFrozr air cooling pipe system) and then go try X-Plane 10 with network setup.

You financing?

Triple PC is out of my limit $ + Place....

I will stick with FSx.

I understand It should be significant more powerful and FPS will rock with the GTX 780 Ti...

Can someone with the same setup advise Ill appreciate.

If you are using FSX and you upgrade your GPU and expecting the sim to 'rock,' then I'm afraid you will be bitterly disappointed. FSX is a CPU bound sim and any upgrade to the GPU, will have a limited impact, and in no way will be as big a performance boost as a CPU upgrade or overclock. Having said that, I've been unable, for whatever reason, to see your PC specs. A good overclock or CPU upgrade in FSX will always outperform a GPU upgrade by miles. IMO, any upgrade from a 680 to a 780 will be very limited, even in P3D, although it will be more significant in P3D than in FSX.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I am running a I7 3820 @ 4.4Ghz with a 780 TI (overclocked also, to 1200).  My three screen resolution is 5974X1080 (bezel corrected) using Nvidia surround.  The following is some of my relevant config setting in FSX.

[bUFFERPOOLS]
UsePools=0

[GRAPHICS]
SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500672
TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024
NUM_LIGHTS=8
AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=0
AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1
COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1
LANDING_LIGHTS=1
AC_SELF_SHADOW=1
EFFECTS_QUALITY=2
GROUND_SHADOWS=0
TEXTURE_QUALITY=3
IMAGE_QUALITY=0
See_Self=1
Text_Scroll=1
SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693500673
D3D10=1
HIGHMEMFIX=1
ForceFullScreenVSync=0
ForceWindowedVSync=0
MultiSamplesPerPixel=2
MultiSampleQuality=0
SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=1

[Main]

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.15
DisablePreload=0

[Display]

BLOOM_EFFECTS=1
SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=80
UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=30
WideViewAspect=True
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.9 //adjust values to suit your scale
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.8
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.8
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.9

[TrafficManager]
AirlineDensity=18
GADensity=0
FreewayDensity=0
ShipsAndFerriesDensity=0
LeisureBoatsDensity=0

Notice I have had to turn down some settings with this wide screen setup. (Single screen setup I can max out just about everything)  Nvidia inspector settings AA is application controlled with 2x sparse Grid Supersampling selected.  I am also running with FS Global 2010 mesh and orbits vector graphics installed.  I run a comfortable 30FPS locked using PMDG 737 everywhere except large cities where it starts spiking down to 19-20.  Even with this large card the CPU cant hang.  In P3D I can still bring this card to its knees with everything max'd out at this large resolution (don't ask what it looks like with all of that AND Its raining in a thunderstorm using ASN).

All that being said.  Recommend the following for a 3 screen setup.  TrackIR, and EZDOK

1.  Ensure widescreen in config is set to TRUE.
 2.  Adjust the screen zoom on your default aircraft to 1.00.
 3.  Realign 3d cockpit view with ezdoc to a realistic pilots view.
 4.  Adjust TrackIR so a small head movement down will take you straight to the business end of the panel. 

Doing #2 above (I just said Doing #2) :O This will remove all fish-eye effect on the ground and make it look realistic to either side panels.  HOWEVER the 3D image of the cockpit will still be fish-eyed.  Since I have been using it for about 3 weeks now (3 screens) I find I no longer even see the cockpit side walls anymore only the outside ground/air.  Which is stunning.  To help with this is why I recommended #3 above.  If you set in a normal position and not to far back it looks much better.  I am quite happy with my current setup.  The 780-TI is a great card but not the end all of a total system.  You will still need trade offs with this high resolution screen setup.

Tom Jones