Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Low light levels in vc at night Citation X

Hi all-

I was wondering if there's a way to increase the brightness of the VC cockpit at night in the EDG Citation X 2.0.

I've tried the Flood switch which brings a small amount of light into the cabin but it's still pretty dark.

If not, is there a way to increase the brightness of the flood knob by increasing its value somewhere in a cfg file?

Thanks,

Mark

Just throwing out an idea here, but why not add an additional VC light in the aircraft cfg file?  You will probably need to fiddle with the new light's location coordinates, but I have done this on other aircraft.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Sounds like a good idea but I have no idea how to do something like that.

Have you used all of the lighting controls, including the EL (electro-luminescent), LH and CTR lighting?

07.%202d%20cockpit%20left%20panel.jpg

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

is it just in the citation or are all your aircraft a bit dark.my first thought was that it might be your Monitor settings.

also if  you use ENB?? that can make your screen dark.

steve

Hey Steve-

No ENB.

This just may be a characteristic of this aircraft. I'm used to the NGX where that panel lights up like a Christmas tree at night.

Mark