Sign in to follow this  
vikelu22

Smoke underneath

Hey guys i tried to research this before posting, even re-read the manual.

i have an issue when on the outside view i see smoke coming from the center of the aircraft and being pushed backwards to the rear of the aircraft. There aren't any fires, {even activated some and discharged them } thinking it was a bug.. i even see it in flight... i dont know how to attach an image to show you.

anyone else having this issue? any fix to it?

You took off (or landed?) in rain.

Once the "animation" is spawned by FSX (being on the ground where it is raining) it never "Turns off". So it could be raining where you departed from, then fly for 14 hours to the desert and land in the driest weather you have ever seen, and this little "water trail" will still be there.

It's FSX's idea of what a wet taxiway or runway would look like (spraying up water) when you have the engines on.

Unfortunately it was coded in such a way that it never turns off once activated. 

Activation = "Ground wet + on the ground + engines on = water spray activated"

I seem to recall I get it as well with the 737. At first I thought it might be the APU exhaust but of course on the 777 that is in the tail and wouldn't leave such a trail at ground level. And as previous poster noted, once started it never stops, even if the APU is shut down.

So a bug it is.

You will also notice it in non-PMDG planes. Default 737 for one (assuming you ever depart an airport in the rain, and return in the dry).

Ah ok thanks fir the help guys.! i hope theres a way to fix this bug haha.! The T7 is a beauty. 

I've heard of some fix (that I keep meaning to check out and do, but haven't yet) where you can delete the entire effect to make it never appear (on any aircraft in any weather).

Unfortunately I have only ignored this issue instead, and so cannot provide direct assistance, beyond a vague "Maybe deleting the effect might help" kind of direction.

Usually outright deleting an effect can be a bad thing (causing drops in fps or worse when FSX attempts to activate the effect), so maybe it's a replacement of the effect with a 'blank'/'invisible' effect.

I have fixed this. The solution is to go on FSX/Effects and search this file: "fx_SnowEngineWash.fx" then rename it (just add "old" for example). You will no longer have that annoing smoke with the engine shoutdown. The other effects like smoke touchdown or rain and snow while taxiing remain the same.