Sign in to follow this  
awesomeburodude

Aerosoft Airbus X vs Airbus X Extended

can someone tell me the diefference between Airbus X and Airbus X Extended? if i have ony Airbus X, can i ge tthe A320/A321 with the sharklets?

I don't believe so. If you did buy the Airbus X, you are entitled to a discounted version of the Airbus X Extended, which has those models.

As far as I'm aware, you can't purchase the original Airbus X anymore, only the Extended version. Which is a shame as I was on the lookout for something that looks really good but is light on systems.

something that looks really good but is light on systems.

Even the Extended Version is light on systems... 

As far as I'm aware, you can't purchase the original Airbus X anymore, only the Extended version. Which is a shame as I was on the lookout for something that looks really good but is light on systems.

It's pretty straight forward flying the Airbus X tho, especially with the copilot feature

vatsim s3

1133704.png

Trust me, you do not want the original Airbus X, even if you're after light systems. Sure, it had light systems, but there were bugs here and there that made flying a pain in the backside. The Extended can be flown without programming every system however, which makes it convenient for a wide range of simmers.  

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Trust me, you do not want the original Airbus X, even if you're after light systems. Sure, it had light systems, but there were bugs here and there that made flying a pain in the backside. The Extended can be flown without programming every system however, which makes it convenient for a wide range of simmers.

So what do u mean light on systems? Do u mean its easier to fly? Cuz it isnt..I hate flying the airbus x the fmc is so hard to configure

Even the Extended Version is light on systems... 

It's pretty straight forward flying the Airbus X tho, especially with the copilot feature

Ok, I'm all ears. I quite fancied my first payware aircraft and I wanted an A320. But I have little time to dedicate to the sim (see my discussions with RockOla  :lol: ), so I wanted something I can just jump into, have a flightplan calculated for me (a la FSX GPS flight planner), fire up and takeoff without much more than a Ctrl+E. At the moment I use the Project Airbus but I wanted a step up visually (though some of the PA liveries are top notch) and aurally (basically I wanted to be called a retard, and the PA doesn't do that  :lol: ). Last night I bought the JustFlight F-Lite A320 and frankly it's no better than the PA one. I had considered the AXE but had been put off by watching videos on youtube that were 50mins long and so I get bored and scroll 30mins in and they still haven't got off the ground :huh:

Turbo,

In all honesty even a complex sim like the FSLabs A320 will take less then 10 minutes from engine's off at the gate to fully programmed and ready to go.  The AXE will be just the same, even the PMDG aircraft can be programmed and ready to go in a few minutes.  

In flightsim land you don't have to worry about legal implications and death through pilot error! Most Youtube Vids are just guy's trying to do things by the book.

Flight management computers are designed the make things simple and efficient. Once you understand the basics you will realize the system is really just giving you information to paint a clear picture of what the aircraft is doing and what it is capable off.

Personally I would find it far more frustrating using a default addon with V/S and ALT HOLD as my only tools. 

Rob Prest

There is an option where the virtual pilots will handle pretty much all the systems like things on the overhead and leave you to set up the flight computer and basically just fly it.  I don't know if you can use default FSX flight plans but there are definitely free online tools that I believe let you save a flight plan in a format easy to use in the AXE.  There are videos out there using the virtual pilots showing just how simple it can be.

dude... could u plssss elaborate more on the bugs....

i just got the normal airbus x.. not the extended... and its sooo freaking hard to fly with a hundred bugs..

how is the extended though?