Sign in to follow this  
adi518

Welcome everyone!

I'm absolutely aware of the Shaders cache folder, but there's also the shadersHLSL folder in p3d root. And there was also a "Shaders" folder in one of the old packages.. so I can't be 100% sure of which folder you mean unless you point out the exact name and location. Now that you did, I'm able to understand.

So far, from what I tested, sfx has pretty much nothing to do with the shaders cache folder. In case of problems, then yes, it's good practice deleting it and letting the sim rebuild it. However, I have never encountered an issue with sfx not working and getting it to work by deleting this folder.

I'll post an update when there's a new development for windows 8.1.

Thanks for introduction of sfx and all the support Adi. I've confirmed that it's working on my P3d (win7) but change is very subtle with and without. I am not good at playing with settings so do you have any recommended preset we can use? 

Sorry, I've played a little with settings. I see big difference now and it's beautiful. Thanks again. 

Great to hear! if you need further advice, just ask. :)

Hi Adi,

Do you have news/updates for my problem with the SweetFX?

Best,

Omer

PGT0749.png

In DX10 ONLY turn off SMAA AND FXAA,or else you will CTD like I did, if fsx doesn't load delete all the sweetfx files, then move them back into the FSX folder.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

You shouldn't experience a CTD. Did you check in-game AA and still received a CTD? was it an immediate CTD?

You shouldn't experience a CTD. Did you check in-game AA and still received a CTD? was it an immediate CTD?

Just a tip for users that don't know!!!! Im ok thanks :)

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

I am not exactly looking for fame, but you mentionned "new color-corrected preset. Fixes the brown tint caused by stock rendering, click here for a comparison shot." And re-used one of my shots & settings, without quoting me.

This is not preventing me from sleeping, but I saw you asked for donation on your website, and this is not fair (if this word still has some sense)

I am and have been an avid user of SweetFX and cannot enjoy flying without it. I do however have a problem after a major reinstall of P3D 2.4 . SFX works fine as long as I don't access any menus. P3D reverts to default when I use either the menu bar or the right click menu. Your thoughts?

Thanks!

W10 Pro,   Maximus XI Hero Z390,   i9-9900K@5.0G, Air,   1000 Watt PSU,   G.SKILL RipJaw-V 32GB,   2-RTX2080-Ti's,   Samsung 970 PRO 512GB,   Couple More SSD's,    2-Vast Curved 3440X1440,    2-Asus 27" flats,                 .......Everything MAXED!

Well after following the instructions I've got it to work, the only problem I'm faced with now is then I go into the menu bar it seems to 'remove/disable' SweetFX and it won't come back, have to restart P3D..

Do you have any thoughts or reccomendations for SweetFX/NVI settings with the latest Nvidia drivers which allow for DSR  (kind of a hyper screen resolution setting). At the ORBX forum, the recommendation is to use the Nvidia Control Panel rather than NVI. thanks.

Sherm

FSX

DX10 FIXER

SWEET FX

Nvidia GTX 760 gpu

Adi, I just want to thank you for saving P3D for me. I wasn't happy with the default shading or colors (much like FSX), and I was going crazy trying to find a fix like ENB did for X. I tried shade and got really bad frame rates. Then somehow I found your setup page and I'm just blown away. It took me some time to adjust colors, saturation, etc., but that's the beauty of it. And it doesn't impact my fps at all. You're a genious, er, geneous.....genieous.....well, really smart. :) Thanks so much. Now if they just fix the water and missing lights on AI, I can seriously think about ditching X.

Todd