Sign in to follow this  
spirit_66

MilViz Bell 407 now for P3D v2.2 available

MilViz Bell 407 is now in the special P3D v2.2 version available. The 1st Helicopter designed for P3D v2.2

Spirit

8WubY.jpg

Vriao.jpg

FSAih.jpg

JNA5n.jpg

bTKDv.jpg

Order placed!

Thanks for the HU Spirit!

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Too funny, I was flying the Alabeo R66 out of 05S last night thinking what a great way to site see and wishing I had another Heli in my collection.   And you shared this ... thank you, will check this out.

Cheers, Rob.

Are you sure this is out for P3DV2.2?  Their web pages seems to indicate otherwise.

http://milviz.com/fs/item.php?id=B407

The P3D v2 version is NOT YET AVAILABLE. Expected delivery is in the New Year.

and

Support for P3D is not supplied at this time though the installer does allow for it. DX 10 is not supported but apparently it works.

I see the Buy Now button and the listing for P3DV2 in the dropdown ... but everything else suggests it's not.  Can't find any info on their forums either ... like in the News forum?

Cheers, Rob.

Rob,

I don't think they've updated their website yet.

I saw the heli available at Simmarket, but bought it direct from the website you are speaking of.

I received my files promptly from Colin, and they are the P3Dv2 version.

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Thank you for info Philip ... please report back on what you think post flight(s).

1.  Performance (fps)

2.  MipMap support?

3.  Flight characteristics?

Cheers, Rob.

Also interested.  If you fly in a multiplayer online environment, does the 407 work when others are flying helos?  I know at the moment any time I use one of my current heliocotpers (DoDo, Virtavia CH47, R22) in a multiplayer online flight, if anyoneelse is flying a helo at the same time, the sim crashes. 

Thanks

Danny

Danny

I'm going to need to see v2.2 clearly stated on their website before purchasing.

The site was updated this morning and all v2 purchasers were sent their product links.

FYI, if it says V2, that does include V2.2.  In fact, we were waiting on that release to be able to continue.

• Upvote 1

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Purchased and Installed ... working my way thru it, cold & dark seems tricky to get engine started ... probably just need to read the docs.

Cheers, Rob.

Purchased and Installed ... working my way thru it, cold & dark seems tricky to get engine started ... probably just need to read the docs.

Cheers, Rob.

Watch out for the wind! Too strong from the wrong side and it won't startup.

Spirit

Cheers, Rob.

Rob,

I was just coming back to reply to your earlier post.

I'm loving the bird, when I can get it started! I contacted Milviz about starting the eggbeater up because I couldn't get the darned thing to start either.

Make sure that the throttle is perfectly cut before hitting the starter switch, they suggested and I have started using, the F1 key right before startup to make sure that it is cut and I have less problems than I had before.

I've also found it almost impossible to startup if I've loaded up the sim with a different aircraft and flown it for awhile before switching to the 407, so best to start fresh when starting a flight with it.

13.jpg

The big question with this one is how's the FDE.  The thing I've heard with most helicopters (with the exception of Dodosim) is that they're poor.  I don't know much about flying helos...can fly the default Bell 206B...but I'm a flight risk in it.  :unsure:

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Well Gregg, I'm not a big fan of whirly-birds but... I am amazed that this 407 is the only one I've ever been able to actually take off, fly to another airport, and actually land without a CFIT... :LMAO:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator