Sign in to follow this  
Empathica

FSX Crashing Constantly (.NET Framework HRESULT 0xC000014B

The error report indicates you have the latest version of V-Pilot.  According to this link I found on the Internet, DO NOT update V-Pilot -http://msflights.net/forum/showthread.php?4887-Caution-don-t-update-the-Vpilot

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim, I read the thread to say not to update VPilot if using SimLink.

The error message is an artifact of the sim crashing, not VPilot.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Hello Luke,

so what do you suggest to do...?

I have an older version installer (1.1.5638.40065), so I can install it and check if problem still occurs...

Figure out why the sim is crashing. The VPilot error is caused by the underlying sim crash.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Thanks Luke.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

The dotnet debug report showed VPilot in the report.  Uninstall VPilot.  If the crash does not occur, that is the problem and you will have to go to the developer for support.  The report correctly shows Microsoft.net 2.0 and 3.5 loading.  There is no known solution to this Microsoft.net error (Google 0xc000014b for proof).  It's a bad code somewhere.

One other area is the permissions.  You have UAC disabled and there are no files in the Quarantine folder of your anti-virus and anti-malware program.  You are starting FSX as the administrator.  VPilot has been a source of many crashes posted here in these forums.  But as I recall, the developer says it has to be configured properly and if not properly configured, then it will crash. 

The PMDG777 and PMDG JS41 has nothing to do with this crash or error. 

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Thank you, Jim.

Of course I can uninstall vPilot, but is there another VATSIM client compatible with FSX:SE?

I'll try to install previous version 1.1.5638.40065...

Kind Regards,

Lucas

The dotnet debug report showed VPilot in the report.  Uninstall VPilot. ....  VPilot has been a source of many crashes posted here in these forums.  But as I recall, the developer says it has to be configured properly and if not properly configured, then it will crash. 

Jim, this is incorrect advice. What is happening is that FSX is crashing and then VPilot crashes when the SimConnect connection is lost. I've never seen VPilot to be the cause of any FSX or P3D crashes - each time this error is referenced, it's because the sim connection has been lost and VPilot does not handle it gracefully.

We need to see the crash reports from the sim. If it only crashes whilst online using VATSIM, it's likely caused by one or more of the multi-player models.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

Hi Luke,

I disagree.  My advice is based on a lot of studying of this issue on the Internet as many have had this same problem and so far I cannot find a solution.  Removing VPilot is the solution as the Microsoft.net report clearly shows VPilot as the fault.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Removing VPilot is the solution as the Microsoft.net report clearly shows VPilot as the fault.

Apologies for being a bit pedantic, but the crash report does not suggest that VPilot is "at fault". It just says that the process terminated abnormally, which everyone agrees. Where I disagree is that the VPilot crash caused the FSX crash. I believe it is exactly the opposite - FSX crashed and terminated the SimConnect connection, which VPilot was unable to gracefully handle.

This is sort of a chicken and egg question. :) I think the VPilot crash occurred after the FSX crash. What have you seen to lead you to believe otherwise? I'm curious.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

Hi Luke,

In my experiences with this crash (the exception 0xc000014B error), Microsoft.net "spits out" the error in the crash (debugging) report it provides and it is always the second program referenced in the report.  MSCorlib.dll is always shown first to tell us the version of dotnet that initiated the error.  VPilot and its version is shown second in the report provided by Lucass.  It also shows another module belonging to VPilot called 'ninject'.  Perhaps that dll is not compatible with VPilot or was not updated in the update of VPilot??.  As you probably know, Microsoft.net's are used by developers to make sure their programs work as intended.  VPilot is simply not communicating properly with FSX and/or VATSIM probably because of a bad installation of the product.

Over the years of diagnosing crashes here at AVSIM, I have found that individuals who have this exception can fix this issue by updating or reinstalling the product shown in the debugging report.  VPilot has been a major cause of FSX crashes over the years.  FSX is very rarely the fault of a crash unless there is a bad tweak in the config.  It is the add-on that causes crashes.  It can also be caused by the action of the user by throwing into the main FSX folder the wrong version of the uiautomationcore.dll which is part of any Microsoft.net package.  If it is not compatible, it will crash.  Thanks for your input and assistance in finding a solution to this issue. 

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Jim, you're correct that VPilot is not communicating properly with the sim, but it's not because of a bad installation. If you look back a little bit, you'll see a post that explains what the error means. You may know the author:  :wink:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/450552-0xc000014b-ctd/

Your earlier post explains correctly what is going on. FSX is crashing, and then a SimConnect client attempts to read data from the sim. The connection has been lost and therefore an error is thrown. This is why the same error code gets thrown by numerous SimConnect clients when the sim crashes.

With respect, but I really wish you would stop blaming VPilot for crashing FSX unless you have a clear explanation for why this happens. FSX crashes from a variety of add-ons, but from add-ons that run inside the sim process. VPilot is in a seperate process, listening over a named pipe. It's not causing the crash, it's merely failing as a result of it. We need to see the crash report from FSX.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

With respect, but I really wish you would stop blaming VPilot for crashing FSX unless you have a clear explanation for why this happens.

I understand where you are coming from... VPilot cannot communicate with FSX via FSX's simconnect so it is FSX's fault but still, it was Microsoft.net 2.0 which indicated VPilot has a problem.  As I stated above, I think it would be best for the individual to uninstall VPilot and reinstall it with Admin Privileges, UAC disabled, and any anti-virus program not running.  Thousand of simmers are using VPilot and FSX and simconnect without any problems but occasionally, one or two have a problem and they did something wrong, somewhere.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM