Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

I'm looking at my watch and the calendar....

It is currently on the 9th iteration of the closed Alpha, there is still a few bugs to be fixed.

It is a big patch that changes a lot of things on the background and should be coming when it's ready. Nobody wants 100 reports of the same bug on the email of the team.

So... how close are you to an open beta?

Bob

It is currently on the 9th iteration of the closed Alpha, there is still a few bugs to be fixed.

It is a big patch that changes a lot of things on the background and should be coming when it's ready. Nobody wants 100 reports of the same bug on the email of the team.

Rubbing my hands, together..... :)   

So... how close are you to an open beta?

Bob

That's funny!

That's funny!

I minored in comedy. Don't ask what my major was. :ph34r:

...foot tapping too,..

So, where is XPX.30?!?!?

I am not so sure if it makes sense to be so excited about the first beta of 10.30 . Its primary feature will be the new GPS but according to Dan Klaue ( http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=76715&page=2#entry820893 ) most of his airplanes won't profit from the new GPS, with the exception of the B200.

I am not so sure if it makes sense to be so excited about the first beta of 10.30 . Its primary feature will be the new GPS but according to Dan Klaue ( http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=76715&page=2#entry820893 ) most of his airplanes won't profit from the new GPS, with the exception of the B200.

Actually, depending on who you ask... the main thing for me is dramatically enhanced high altitude vision.  For anyone that likes tubeliners, this is the best thing that could have happened.  I couldn't care less about the GPS.

Actually, depending on who you ask... the main thing for me is dramatically enhanced high altitude vision. 

Whcih won't be a part of the first beta!

Whcih won't be a part of the first beta!

Really? Do you know what stage beta they're planning to include it from?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Actually, depending on who you ask... the main thing for me is dramatically enhanced high altitude vision.  For anyone that likes tubeliners, this is the best thing that could have happened.  I couldn't care less about the GPS.

Just as a gentle reminder: pleas don't forget, that the "long range visibility" won't be a simple "drop in feature", which everybody can use directly (and equally). It will largely depend on your hardware specs, if it will work for you or not!

Read some more details about it here:

So the hope fades again. Wait for the new GPS to work with my add ons. No visibility bug fix with my current hardware. :-(

It depends Ralf. If you have lots of complicated scenery installed, such as photo sceneries, OSM, mesh, then obviously older computers will suffer. If you are using simple enough scenery, e.g. Maybe just HD Mesh v2 on its own or the global scenery, then it should be fine, and work quite well.

Well, its really RAM which will be the crucial point here (everything else is not so much critical). For long range visibility with default Global Scenery and simple airports, you will be fine with 8 GB. With HD Mesh Scenery v2 I will already recommend - highly! - 16 GB of RAM. Its all about plain "physics" ... the extra (double amount!) data needed for long rang visibility just has to fit into the memory (somehow).

Well, its really RAM which will be the crucial point here (everything else is not so much critical). For long range visibility with default Global Scenery and simple airports, you will be fine with 8 GB. With HD Mesh Scenery v2 I will already recommend - highly! - 16 GB of RAM. Its all about plain "physics" ... the extra (double amount!) data needed for long rang visibility just has to fit into the memory (somehow).

Well..with reading this post...I sure hope that my 12 GB's of RAM will suffice. That is the highest amount that my BIOS and board will handle. Looking forward to whatever XPX throws out there. It has always been a good platform to me...and I use it regularly. It has always performed well...