Sign in to follow this  
pilottj

New A2A Cherokee demo vid

That looks very, very awesome.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

B-...but... my money!

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

That is functional art.  They are quickly becoming the leader in small GA planes.  I wonder what's up their sleeve next!

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Very nice! Love the level of detail that A2A does with all their planes and this one is no exception....

What I find amazing is their ability to make the mundane exciting. They've got my money already!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Released this month hopefully it says.

Cant wait!

Cool, but I'll be waiting for their "A2A Piper Commanche" as the narrator mentioned when talking about the STEC a/p  :)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

MAN!!! I hope these guys do a multi soon

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

That is functional art.  They are quickly becoming the leader in small GA planes.  I wonder what's up their sleeve next!

Cool, but I'll be waiting for their "A2A Piper Commanche" as the narrator mentioned when talking about the STEC a/p  :)

Seeing how A2A owns a Commanche, that would be my best guess for their next aircraft. 

Jared Listinsky

they may be doing a bonanza next?

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Honestly... either would do nicely. After this one, of course.

Mike

they may be doing a bonanza next?

It is funny you say that. I was reading through the A2A forums and a member there asked about it because they saw one in the video A2A put out a few weeks ago. Scott from A2A made this comment in their forums, "Yes, thats a V35 and we'd like to make a Bonanza along with the Comanche some day, but as we have learned from the past, things are constantly changing and projects get pushed back, pulled forward, and even cancelled, etc. So there is nothing officially confirmed beyond the Cherokee 180 atm."

I look forward to what the future will hold for A2A!

Jared Listinsky

It is funny you say that. I was reading through the A2A forums and a member there asked about it because they saw one in the video A2A put out a few weeks ago. Scott from A2A made this comment in their forums, "Yes, thats a V35 and we'd like to make a Bonanza along with the Comanche some day, but as we have learned from the past, things are constantly changing and projects get pushed back, pulled forward, and even cancelled, etc. So there is nothing officially confirmed beyond the Cherokee 180 atm."

Interesting.  I used to fly PA28s.  If it's possible for an airplane to make flying boring, a PA28 does it's best.  It's stable, I never had one try to wing-over on me practicing stalls, pretty good in a cross-wind.  The only thing is that it floats like crazy if you're high on speed when you cross the threshold (I'd like to see them model that.)  I'd pick up a Comanche or any of many other Pipers if they make them with this kind of realism...or Bonanza's...or...

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Isn't it interesting that Accusim covers the performance extremes of GA flying?  On one end you have a Piper Cub.  On the other end you have the Civil Mustang.  Those two are about as opposite as you can go in the GA world in terms of flight performance and 'challenge' LOL.  Don't be fooled by the Cub tho, it will make a good pilot out of you, it really helped me understand taildraggers.

Now A2A is starting to fill in the the spaces in between those extremes, albeit on the more 'mundane' side with the Skyhawk and Cherokee.  With a possible Bonanza and Comanche eventually being given Accusim treatment, they will fill a nice middle ground between Cub and Mustang.

Cheers

TJ