Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

P3D V2 is very nice

Ok Guys took a quick shot working on AA as I am using nvidia control panel - I have fps locked at 30 and it is pinned at 30 with a ton of clouds - this is getting very interesting anyone who is thinking about P3D I would do it in a second as it is very impressive - the only thing to me seems its very dark looking and the water is not good but other than that its sweet - also I changed my affinity mask from 15 to 254 huge difference - rock solid - this is the only thing I have added to my p3d cfg file - more flying less tweaking

Oh and I have never seen such crisp not blurry terrain ever in flightsim

91jtac.jpg

Rich Sennett

Very nice screenshot! Is this the Carenado C172? If you installed it manually, what files did you have to move?

Hi forgot to mention I use the Estonia migration tool worth every penny - started to try and manual install some stuff but could not get past the installer without fsx installed even with fake exe in P3D folder - thank you

Rich Sennett

Hi-what exactly did the affinity mask change do?

Also, which weather engine are you using?  Great shot!

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Placed this at the end of my cfg file - this is the only change to my stock p3d cfg file

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=254

As you have a 6 core that number would be different and you would have to search for your correct number

What did it do - well I just about gave up on simming was a slide show with any clouds - so what the heck read a post tried this and bam rock solid 30 fps almost everything max except for cloud shadows as my fps cut in half with them on

Oh I use opus but have not tried it with p3d working well - this was a stock scenario from orbx once you load any of there products, but yo can go into customize and play with that also.

Rich Sennett

Hi Richard,,

Your pic is awesome. I just purchased the P3d a few weeks ago but unable to get a proper setting. Would you mind if you share your Nvidia settings on the Nvidia Inspector and also the settings of your P3d please? I am totally lost in dealing with P3D. I also tired installing the Aerosoft Airbus X but that don't work either. Its just been sitting on my HDD and i cant do anything about it.

Your help is greatly appreciated Sir

Regards,
Gizmo05

What are you using for a video card ? I am not using NI - I am using just nvidia control panel trying to keep the complexity out of P3D from what I heard they are working on better Anti-aliasing so not going to worry about that right now - all I did was add 

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=254

to my P3D CFG file thats it like a new friendly sim now - I have a 4.0 overclock right now - crank my fans on my water cooler and I am good to go - you need the Estonia migration tool as I just found out with an installer for P3D I still needed this tool, I plan on using this tool to install the AXE also - thats about it really

Try this first and do a search for the best AM number but you have 4 cores so 254 might work for you, if it doesnt help just ask - turn off your cloud shadows they will kill you

Keep in mind I do have a titan gpu which helps

Rich Sennett

Thank you for your reply Richard,

I am using a Asus 780Ti with a CPU running at 4.4(OC) and Corsair liquid cool. My AM is  84. Where can i get the migration tool?

Regards,

Gizmo05

"Great Pic, Which license did you purchase?  thx crl"

I purchased the Academic - the watermark is hardly noticable - thanks Guys

Rich Sennett

Thanks, Richard!

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.