Sign in to follow this  
jpc55

Getting Quiet Again?

Getting real quiet around here again, so I guess you will have to suffer with me.

Here are some SS from a couple of Clandestine Mission I flew on 5/14/14.

#1 Was from Larsen Bay (PALB) to Kodiak Muni (PADK). I only took this one SS, it is of flying by ATM (AlbacoreTunaMan) en route.

2014-5-14_12-12-50-377.jpg

#2 Was another one of those fun ones. This flight was from Doyle Estates (30AK) to Little Susitna (8AK6). I selected it and set my fuel in the Maule for the trip. This is what I saw when hit start mission.

2014-5-14_15-18-42-212.jpg

One look at that and I knew there was no way that I was ever going to get the plane in the air via the runway, time to improvise. As you can see from the direction that wind is coming, it might be possible to take off into it. To my right is a small hanger that I taxied around behind.  Setting full flaps heading straight into the wind I’m able to get it into the air easier than I thought it would be.

In this next SS the wind has now jumped up to 68 kts, and I am traveling straight at my destination at this angle.

2014-5-14_15-29-31-829.jpg

The wind has diminished a little; things are looking a little better.

2014-5-14_15-38-9-895.jpg

Now they have really dropped.

2014-5-14_15-42-45-574.jpg

This has turned into a piece of cake now.

2014-5-14_15-48-44-672.jpg

On final.

2014-5-14_15-52-32-698.jpg

And down.

2014-5-14_15-53-0-716.jpg

These last two SS are of Port Alsworth  (TPO), It has fuel, but its Job Board has no jobs on it , strange.

2014-5-15_8-0-7-645.jpg

2014-5-15_8-4-5-955.jpg

Nice pics!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Yes, nice screen shots indeed. What are you using for your screen captures? I really have to get with it and figure something out.

Today I disconnected my internet to fly the 4 available Aerocaches again, I really miss that "ping" of discovery. I don't think I will ever find my one missing Aerocache!

Steve

Nice. Looks like the cops aren't a threat. The weather is!

Steve, why can't you use the screentshot feature built into the game?

I tried a clandestine mission last week. Half an hour in, I didn't have enough power and crashed into a mountain peak, couldn't quite clear it exiting a canyon. :(

Steve, why can't you use the screentshot feature built into the game?
Maybe capture was the wrong word.  I have been using the V key for years if you look back in my posts. Problem is AVSIM no longer will host screen shots and I have been to lazy to get into another program. My screen shots have been building up. Time to get with the program!

Steve

"It's a good day to fly" Steve, I have the V key mapped to the #2 button on my Saitek yoke. I then take and open the BMP in Paint and convert it to a JPEG picture and upload it to Photobucket, which supplies me with a hyperlink address for that picture and I copy and paste it in my post. Hope this is helpful. B)

winjimon, When you find yourself in a situation like that, fly along side the mountain until you have gained enough altitude to get over it. :mellow:  

And a really good day to all! :P

I love it! Thanks for the great screenshots. Those winds are horrific, the game designers were clearly a bunch of fun-loving guys, real jokers. :lol:

I want to try that flight!

I have been flying every day, doing, among other things, the Alaska landing challenges.

I love the sand bar landing with a 45 kt headwind, but recently I have been having fun with the uphill landing. It has been impossible for me to get a soft landing on that one, though, even if using the mouse as a controller.

Lots of screenshots, but too tired at the moment to prep them for posting.

Best regards.

Luis

Yup. I remember flying past you on that SS.  Those late afternoon, Mixed Weather, setting are always nice.  Nice set of pics. Keep them coming. ~ Tom.