Sign in to follow this  
MDF86

Selecting the correct region in FTX Central?

Hi Guys

I've got a handful of ORBX products from various regions and I'm still confused about which area to activte in FTX Central, depending on my routing. I've read all the documentation but still can't get my head around it, must be getting old!

OK, so what I have:

ORBX Australia

ORBX PNW

ORBX England

ORBX Global

So in FTX Central I have four options - Global, Oceania, North America and Europe, plus of course the option of "hybrid" mode under Global.

Certain situations it is self explanatory, as follows:

Start and end flight in Australia - obviously I would select Oceania.

Start and end flight in England - select Europe.

Start and end flight in the PNW region - select North America.

Start and end flight exclusively outside of a "full" region - select Global.

But I'm confused where the boundaries cross.

For example, if I fly from an airport in the PNW region to New York (outside of PNW region) - what do I select? North America or Global? If I select North America will I still see Global once I get out of the PNW coverage area? Likewise if I select Global will I see PNW or not?

Or if I fly from London (covered by England region) to Frankfurt - do I select England or Global? If I choose Global will that mean I don't see England when I am in England? Will I be seeing Global textures on England instead of the "full fat" region?

I'm sure it's considerably more simple than I am making it out....

Thanks

I pick the region I'm flying to/from. Because Global replaces the default textures, when you leave the region, Global is what you'll see. I 'think' the only time you'd use hybrid is if you're flying from one region to another - but don't quote me on that because I never use it.

I pick the region I'm flying to/from. Because Global replaces the default textures, when you leave the region, Global is what you'll see. I 'think' the only time you'd use hybrid is if you're flying from one region to another - but don't quote me on that because I never use it.

So if you were flying from an airport within PNW to an airport in the US that was not covered by PNW, you would select North America, but still see "Global" textures when you leave the area?

Yes, in short. Will work even better once they release their US landclass.