Sign in to follow this  
liamgiles

Left Gen Issues

Hi, I recently upgraded my hardware (New Mobo and CPU) and it seems since then I have been having issues with the 777 regarding the left engine. It seems that it is unable to get any power output from it what so ever.

I believe I've read all the documentation correctly for the start up (Tried Cold and Dark Panel State, Short and Long) But I always seem to get the same issue. 

After looking into the planes systems I found out why my Left Engine wasn't working properly and it seems that its just not getting the power it needs, unlike the right, which is running fine.

8POD1.jpg

The overhead panel looks like this:

8POKp.jpg

Something is definitely wrong with the left engine, is it possible that its due to my hardware upgrade? (I was able to reactivate the aircraft without an issue due to it asking for my key again after the hardware upgrade). I'm really scratching my brain here, has anyone else experienced this? Am I doing something obviously wrong?

Regards.

Do you have separate left/right throttle levers?  I remember seeing this reported way back, something about the engine never fully starting due to a calibration issue.  Also check the failures just to rule it out.

Edit - check this...  http://forum.avsim.net/topic/420642-engine-generators/page-2

I looked in engine failures there were none, but then I realized that this was electrical, so I cleared all failures... I now feel like an idiot.

Thanks a lot, the frieghter now works and roaring like a beast, I will try the pax version just to double check. :)

EDIT: Everything works as it should as far as I can tell now. All of this due to looking in the wrong failures section -_-

Glad you have it working  :biggrin:  

Rob Prest