Sign in to follow this  
ejoiner

FSX General Aviation Traffic?

One more noob question I guess...   Despite having AI turned up to 100% on general aviation traffic,  There is none visible in the sim.   Why would that be?

WOAI and Military AI packages work just fine that I have installed myself.   The default TrafficAircraft.bgl is in the correct directory, so what gives?

Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Make sure all your Traffic files are converted to FSX format. That AI utility suggested in that other thread will batch convert them all for you. Then try FSX.

Thanks, but I am talking about the default, FSX general AI traffic.   I would think these are correct format.   Would "incorrect" format on the other files cause this problem I wonder? 

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Hey ejoiner, just an FYI, I'm a big fan of GA aircraft...I have both UT2 and Traffic 360 but found ORBX Freeware GA traffic for NA and AU to be superb.  The aircraft actually fly patterns and touch and go's and makes flying around the smaller fields in their regions so much more immersive.  Just a thought if you wanted to go that route, they are extremely FPS friendly too!

If you have ANY traffic files that are not in the FSX format, then NONE of the traffic files will be used... :shok:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Convert any fs9 files in your World/Scenery folder using the free and wonderful AI Flight Planner.