Sign in to follow this  
Fadamor

Future Title Request: 767 for FSX

My apologies to Arjen for making another request. :He He:

Yes, I know there are payware versions already out there.  I know because I've BOUGHT them, only to find that they do not work with my configuration.  Level-D's 767 locks up FSX on my computer before you even get to the aircraft selection screen.  CaptainSim's version is missing displays and switches/controls are non-functional when they should be. :wacko:

What is it about my configuration that throws those respected paywares for a loop?  I run Win 8.1, FSX w/Accel Pack in DirectX10 mode, and I run a three-wide display using nVidia's Surround technology. Those companies do not officialy support their products on Win 8.1. :(

Why do I think a PMDG product would do any better?  Even though PMDG ALSO does not officially support Win 8.1, their 737NGX product works flawlessly with my setup. Obviously PMDG's method of doing things is superior to the other payware developers. B)

One of the first products developed by PMDG was the 767 for "Fly!" so it wouldn't be as if they would have to start a new 767 project totally from scratch.

I do not expect a response from PMDG on this thread because it's always a bad idea to say "Yes, we'll do it." or "No, it can't be done." only to have circumstances change down the road. I merely wanted to put a bug in their ear that there is at least SOME interest should such a product be developed. ^_^ If it happens, I'll be happy.  If it never sees the light of day, I'll muddle through somehow.

A 767 is ideal in my opinion. While the LDS is far too old for me, I think LVLD will bring out the 757 within the time PMDG releases the project after the 747V2. 

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

I'm not really interested in the 757, partly because none are used here in Australia and partly because it's so similar to the LDS 767 I already own, even though it is obsolete by comparison with the NGX or 777 from PMDG in terms of graphics and systems simulation.

interesting, i didnt know PMDG took requests... (sarcasm). Since when in the history did they ever? which brings me to my next point why bother to even ask? which brings me to my next point, why am i still typing

interesting, i didnt know PMDG took requests... (sarcasm). Since when in the history did they ever? which brings me to my next point why bother to even ask? which brings me to my next point, why am i still typing

Indeed.  Why did you post at all?  Your self-appointed title of "Mocker of All Requests" is noted.

I "bother to ask" because it is prudent of them as a company to know what their customers are thinking and what their customers would like to see in the future. That IS what this "General" forum is for, right?

Their plate is full for now and for the foreseeable future. By the time they are ready to move on, more 767s will be retired, and at that point the 787 might be a better fit, market-wise at least.

I want to request a 777-300ER. lol.

and maybe a 747-400.

And after that it will be 2017 and I'm sure there will be more plans for the future.

Maybe they can release your 767 request in 2025?

Indeed.  Why did you post at all?  Your self-appointed title of "Mocker of All Requests" is noted.

I "bother to ask" because it is prudent of them as a company to know what their customers are thinking and what their customers would like to see in the future. That IS what this "General" forum is for, right?

i was just curious to know something that obviously you do. so many people come requesting products and who has EVER heard of PMDG taking requests? EVER? no really... EVER?

It not like he's requesting a song at a karaoke bar...all he is asking is for them consider this aircraft. How many Boeings would be left after all their projects are finished anyway??? It makes sense.

i was just curious to know something that obviously you do. so many people come requesting products and who has EVER heard of PMDG taking requests? EVER? no really... EVER?

You're missing my point.  I don't CARE if PMDG has ever took requests. Personally, though, I find it highly improbable that the company has existed totally in a vacuum with no suggestions affecting what they do.  Just because they haven't personally informed you of every business decision that came about due to a suggestion doesn't mean it has never happened.

Making requests is not prohibited on this forum, but doing so apparently gets under your skin for some reason. For that, I apologize. ごめんなさい。

Fadamor, the search function would have served you well on this as the request has been made many times and the answer is always the same, PMDG has no plans on a 767 or 757 for that matter. Below is a quote from Ryan one of the last times it was asked.

Our next product is the 747-400v2. We have no plans currently to make a 767/757.

We've certainly made non-Boeing aircraft:

J41 = BAe

MD-11 = McDonnell-Douglas

DC-6 = Douglas

That said, we have no plans aside from what's announced - that's 777, DC-6, and 747-400/-8 2.0. The chance we're going to make a 757/767 is slim to none.

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Big shame there will be no 757/767 from PMDG for the foreseeable future. Especially as they share tech with the 747, and I guarantee they'd sell a crapload of copies.... oh well.

One of the first products developed by PMDG was the 767 for "Fly!" so it wouldn't be as if they would have to start a new 767 project totally from scratch.

I do not expect a response from PMDG on this thread because it's always a bad idea to say "Yes, we'll do it." or "No, it can't be done." only to have circumstances change down the road. I merely wanted to put a bug in their ear that there is at least SOME interest should such a product be developed. ^_^ If it happens, I'll be happy.  If it never sees the light of day, I'll muddle through somehow.

i can asure you, there is at least some interest for every aircraft that exist. I am also interested to see a PMDG B-2 Spirit but that wont happen as well. I think they stated at some point, that there wont be a PMDG 767. I might be wrong however. Also they actually do have to start from scratch. Fly! is so old, i cannot even remember. I started with Fly2k in the early days and its a totally different platform. Even though its the same plane, the code will look totally different. You cannot port anything from one to another simulator if its such a complicated software. Also things and developer changed over the year. I guess code from then will look so bad compared to what PMDG has nowadays. If i look at code i developed 10 years ago, i want to kill myself for writing without structure and i dont know what else..

Its much more than that..