Sign in to follow this  
Phantom_Leader

FSX / P3D Question

Hi guys,

I've got a question and I "think" my common sense is already giving me the answer, however.....I'm just not sure.  I've got a HDD that is already past the 70% full mark, which I'm working at getting cleaned up, but it's a slow process.  Anyway, I'm considering making the jump to P3D based on everything that I've read so far, and I've searched the internet and most of the forums and I can't find the answer to my question, so "if" it's already been answered somewhere before, I apologize!

My question is.....once you install P3D and have all your addon's ported over, can you then.....uninstall FSX?!!!  Thanks for any and all feed back on this topic!

Happy Landings!

Dennis

You don't need FSX at all to run P3D so yes, you can uninstall FSX. Before or after installing P3D. Unless you somehow 'port' addons by linking them somehow...? I only use addons that are fully P3D compatible and have P3D installers.

Thanks so much Jeroen!  I pretty much figured that was the case but I just wasn't certain.  Thanks again & have a great day!

Happy Landings!

Dennis

You don't need FSX at all to run P3D so yes, you can uninstall FSX. Before or after installing P3D. Unless you somehow 'port' addons by linking them somehow...? I only use addons that are fully P3D compatible and have P3D installers.

+1

Just be careful you don't dump some favorite plane.  I still have FSX around because I had hundreds of planes.

Jim

Yeah, I hear you Jim!  You can be sure that I won't get rid of FSX until I'm 100% sure that I have everything from it that I need or want.  Thanks to all of you for your feed back!

Happy Landings!

Dennis