Sign in to follow this  
nicksort

Is this for real - Is this P3d

After being away for 17yr from MSFS I purchased and installed FSX and quickly updated to DX10 and I was in the clouds enjoying every minute I was in the air, until I saw a video and I went blank, is P3d this good or am I dreaming?

This is the video I saw!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHNt6KRO4X0

Thank you to all that reply.

Nick Sciortino

P3D is a game changer, in the way you will view flight simulation products into the future. Beware though...it might jade you...lol.

Have fun...but take the warning of becoming quite 'jaded'...seriously...   (large smile).

Well, in all honesty, even though I am a P3D only user I have to say that the video is good also because of the used addons. With the right addons FSX can look just as impressive (all addons in the video are originally FSX addons). You (nicksort) probably have a vanilla install of FSX and by default it doesn't look too good. You really need addons to make it shine like that video but it is possible! Obviously P3D does some things better (otherwise I wouldn't have switched to it).

That video is from january: the latest version of P3D, 2,2,, which was released later on is even better (cloud shadows for instance, which make a huge difference imho).

For me the main advantages of P3D are superior performance (smooth as butter with Extremely dense autogen), the shadow system (incredible!), popupfree autogen (priceless!) and the overall color and mood (due to the lighting system I think). I have to add I am a GA flyer (A2A C172) so for me (cloud) shadows are really great: I would care a bit less about them if I only flew airliners.

P.S. Concerning the license: why the heck was that added to the discussion? Please don't talk about it and let everyone make up their own mind about what they need/want/require/etc. (which is what everyone, including LM, wants).

Fantastic clouds and shadows, but I would need better looking terrain graphics.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

One thing about p3d is that they are planning full support of oculus rift which will change simming forever

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I am at fault about the License question as I did ask it but a member quickly sent me a message about the policy and I immediately removed it.

As far as a plain vanilla FSX platform I do have GEX, UTX, REX and also added 5x FSDT Scenery's and  3x FBeam Scenery's and 2x FlyTampa Scenery's. I have it looking real good but it must not be as good P3d as you say.

Nick Sciortino

Concerning the license: why the heck was that added to the discussion? Please don't talk about it and let everyone make up their own mind about what they need/want/require/etc. (which is what everyone, including LM, wants).

--------------------------------------------------------------------

You're right.  I deleted any reference, and from now on...let each make up their own minds. You're right.

Think Orbyx Global Vector.

Jim

I'm waiting for my Oculus Rift DK2 to coming on July. I truly hope that it will be a mind-blowing experiences to fly the P3D v2 with OR.

Uhum, right now I'm not sure how OR will be connected to P3D v2 yet - never had the OR before. Hopefully I'll be able to figure it out once the DK2 comes.

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Fantastic clouds and shadows, but I would need better looking terrain graphics.

Orbx is a good option.  I have Orbx regions in both FSX and P3D and it looks quite realistic and much better in P3D.  :)

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I have a hard time switching to P3D until it goes 64 bit (yeah, I know that is going to be a looooong ways out).

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

I have a hard time switching to P3D until it goes 64 bit (yeah, I know that is going to be a looooong ways out).

You don't need to wait. I thought the same way..but curiosity got me...and I grabbed a copy. I have flown for hours, and no O.O.M. or C.T.D.s....even at 32 bits. If that is your worry, then there is none. v2.2 seems to be quite stable...and keep you flying...not dropping to the desktop.  I have all my ORBX regions, Global, ASN, REX-4, and most of my important planes installed...and no problems from any of that, after proper installation.

Try it out...for as they all say...it does come with a money-back offer.  I'd bet though...that if you have a pretty decent system...you won't be seeking a refund....

not  going  to change, no matter what you say :) why change when everything runs smooth as silk and have no issue with any addons at all, can even fly  the pmdg 777

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I'm waiting for my Oculus Rift DK2 to coming on July.

What is  full support of oculus rift ?

NEVERMIND!

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Well, LM said components for full support of OR is built into P3D v2, but someone has to write the interface or sth. I'm not a programmer so don't know the details...

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11