Sign in to follow this  
Sportsfan23

Opinions on the best 767 and 787?

I am looking to add these two planes to my collection. I am looking for opinions on what companies have created the best of these two aircraft? They don't need to be PMDG complex but I would like there to be some learning curve to them. 

I would highy recommend the Level D 767. I have the vast majority of my extensive hours on this model. I flew it under severe weather conditions, and it was always a pleasure to fly her. In my opinion it was fun to learn to fly, and I got my feet wet using the lessons learned on other aircraft that I flew from PMDG.

Level D 767 is nice if it works for you, I've had some FSX startup crashes with it so I had to uninstall it, however Flight 1 gives you 30 day money back option so you can test and see if you have any problems with it. 

Graphically it's quite outdated but flies nice & systems are well modeled. 

If you have problems with Level D 767 / prefer an aircraft with better graphics then Captain Sim 767 is the best choice. Its systems might not be as well modeled & it has some bugs but overall it's a fine bird & you can get -200 and cargo versions too. 

Currently as far as I know the only okay 787 with VC out there is Aerosim's 787, it's not much more complex than default aircraft but looks & flies okay. 

I would recommend to wait for Qualitywings 787, based on their previous products it should be awesome. 

A *free* 787 would be the TDS (Tenkuu Developers Studio) 787-8. It's similar to your average Project Opensky aircraft.

prefer an aircraft with better graphics then Captain Sim 767 is the best choice. Its systems might not be as well modeled & it has some bugs but overall it's a fine bird & you can get -200 and cargo versions too. 

Can you elaborate on the systems not being as well modeled? I am more just looking for a working FMC and being able to input routes and pick sids/stars that kind of thing. 

I would recommend to wait for Qualitywings 787, based on their previous products it should be awesome. 

I have the QW 757 and it's great so I certainly will wait for that. Do you have any idea when that might be released? 

Can you elaborate on the systems not being as well modeled? I am more just looking for a working FMC and being able to input routes and pick sids/stars that kind of thing. 

If that's all you're looking to do, then the Captain Sim would work. I personally have never had a good experience with their products (lots of bugs and stuff) but some others seem to enjoy it. But for roughly a few bucks more you can get something way more accurate, have proper failures simulation, etc. Just a thought.

I'm also excited for the QW 787. I'm sure it'll be very nice.

If that's all you're looking to do, then the Captain Sim would work. I personally have never had a good experience with their products (lots of bugs and stuff) but some others seem to enjoy it. But for roughly a few bucks more you can get something way more accurate, have proper failures simulation, etc. Just a thought.

I'm also excited for the QW 787. I'm sure it'll be very nice.

And by spending a few more bucks you mean the Level D 767? I just noticed there is a FS2crew program for that one so that alone makes it very appealing. 

And by spending a few more bucks you mean the Level D 767? I just noticed there is a FS2crew program for that one so that alone makes it very appealing. 

Correct. FS2Crew will definitely add a lot of fun and immersion as well. Though I don't have the 767 version...I only have it for the PMDG MD11 in FS9. Nowadays I personally like doing everything myself. I think you'd get a lot out of it though, and especially lends a hand if you're just learning the airplane. 

Correct. FS2Crew will definitely add a lot of fun and immersion as well. Though I don't have the 767 version...I only have it for the PMDG MD11 in FS9. Nowadays I personally like doing everything myself. I think you'd get a lot out of it though, and especially lends a hand if you're just learning the airplane. 

Yea I have FS2crew for the 737 and the Airbus X and I think it is awesome. Thank you all for the suggestions. 

I've had the Level D for a few years and as some others have said, the graphics are a little outdated, but it has always given me many hours of satisfactory flights without any problems.

level-d is the way to go, there are a ton of repaints as well for it. She still handles beautifully, the vc could be spiced up a bit, other than than she flies and performs very good....

I am looking to add these two planes to my collection. I am looking for opinions on what companies have created the best of these two aircraft? They don't need to be PMDG complex but I would like there to be some learning curve to them. 

The 787 just has one payware at the moment, Aerosim. The Aerosim 787 solidly looks the part, has a convincing  cockpit and a decent cabin, if your're into passenger P.O.V. But, it's basic in systems

On the freeware side there's the TDS 787 and Camsim's 787, they lack cockpits (but the TDS is FSX native and you can merge)

On the 'scamware' side and to be avoided is the Abacus 787

QualityWings has a 787 as a WIP, it's release is still TBA.

As far as 767's, payware wise, there's Level-D and Captain Sim. The LD is older and just the 300 model but is better in systems. The CS is style over substance she looks pretty, and most models are available (no -400), but it's weaker in systems.

We can't forget the CLS version, which is weaker in systems than CS is, and is of similar vintage to the Level-D.

I personally went with the Captain Sim 767, partly since it's FSX native and  I merged it's VC into the Skyspirit 767-400. And I wanted to fly the military variants. As far as systems...I'd say they're 'Default Plus', a tad more involved than default...not by much though.