Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

P3D V2 What are you waiting for

If your on the fence - you should reconsider unless you like tweaking the FSX - yes no pmdg buy it will happen- enjoy - huge kudos to REX4  :yahoo: 

15dqt78.jpg

1slfo2.jpg

Rich Sennett

Outside of money for hardware (new video card) there is no reason.  Like some have said use both sims until P3D compatibility fully engulfs what's available for FSX.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Hi yah Mark - hope all is well buddy

Hi Dillion - yes well said but with migration tool probably get most programs into P3D - take care.

Rich Sennett

I'm on the fence.

I enjoy flying airliners the most. I already have the QW planes, MJCQ400, Level D 767 and of course PMDG. (No Airbus extended as I'm still waiting for FSLabs).

I also have a lot of FSX scenery, FTX Global, Vector and FSGenesis Mesh. Weather ASN and Opus.

My questions are:

1) Can I fly the LDS767 in P3d? QW planes?

2) In reference to #1, how do I install?

3) Are the ORBx and FSGenesis stuff compatible?

4) Are my sceneries compatible? (Mostly FSDT and FB are my concerns)

5) I'm thinking of getting back into Vatsim. Is it compatible with P3D?

6) I have vrInsight MCP panel. Does FSUIPC work with P3D?

The above are the nagging questions I have. I know I can research and find out for myself. Here is the point however: I like what i have in FSX DX10. If I'm running well on FSX, what benefit will I see moving to P3d (non GA flying)? I know I will lose the  complex PMDG planes (that's been beaten to death), but are the gains to moving to P3D that good? If so, how?\

Thanks

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Made the jump last night! Almost a year out of simming and I had lost interest. I had grown tired of trying to tune my machine to work well with a years old program when new games I could blow threw them.

I saw one video on youtube on Thursday, and just jumped in. As of now, I only have FTX Global, Opus and Majestics Dash8  and the new Vatsim Client installed. Looking at this new REX business I keep hearing about and wondering if it is worth it.

I won't go back, I know that for use. Took me a second to get the motions down again, but it is all like riding a bike,

Oh, BTW....I forgot where the cfg. file is, and don't even care. I am rocking 30-40 frames with most sliders turned all the way max, something I was never able to do in FSX, get over the Dense setting. I don't imagine I will be worrying anymore about tweaking, as this, and NI simply for Transparency AA is all I have done and man does it look beautiful.

WOO!

"My questions are:

1) Can I fly the LDS767 in P3d? QW planes?

2) In reference to #1, how do I install?

3) Are the ORBx and FSGenesis stuff compatible?

4) Are my sceneries compatible? (Mostly FSDT and FB are my concerns)

5) I'm thinking of getting back into Vatsim. Is it compatible with P3D?

6) I have vrInsight MCP panel. Does FSUIPC work with P3D?"

1. Not sure on lds but have heard QW works but you have to turn off vc mipmaps - but not sure - some say it does and Rob said it doesnt do to some weird plane movement in the air - - I need to try it

2. You need to get this tool to install into P3D no way around it if your going to have a chance - I even got mytraffic lite to install 

http://secure.simmarket.com/fsx-to-prepare3d-migration-tool.phtml

3. Yes and I am using fsgenesis installed perfectly with tool no tweaks

4. I think FSDT and FB are working you need to go to developer for P3D installer I have not investigated yet - but will - tool maybe even work for them

5. No idea

6. Yes there is an up to date FSUIPC - you load FSUIPC4934 & there is patch for it from P3D

here is link  http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=6453

As for panel I do not have one anymore so I do not know but I bet it will work but again you need migration tool

==========================================================================

The benefits are so far AMAZING clear ground textures even while panning inside or out of aircraft - shadows are amazing - cloud reflections - aircraft reflections are awesome, no tweaking cfg file every minute - it just works other than the most important thing is adding affinity mask to your cfg file - that made a world of difference - I do find the menu picking area slow - hope they can fix that - what I mean is not after you click something just getting to clicks - water is not so good but these things will be addressed - when its all said and done its going to be an awesome future 

=========================================================================

" just jumped in. As of now, I only have FTX Global, Opus and Majestics Dash8  and the new Vatsim Client installed"

Hi Bill great news - sounds like your having fun - this is the P3DCFG. file loaction  C:\Users\Rich\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 - take care brother

Bill I see your using the Dash 8 is it woring ok in P3D ? - did you use Migration tool ?

Rich Sennett

Very very nice! did you use my tweaks?

"Very very nice! did you use my tweaks?"

Absolutely my friend - thank you - great stuff

Rich Sennett

I don't imagine I will be worrying anymore about tweaking,

--------------------------------------------------

Add this to your P3D.cfg file, at the top...and enjoy what it brought you in FSX. It works!  Gave me three more FPS, and smoothness down to 10!

[bufferPools]
UsePools=0

If you run a 4 core CPU, that can also turn on HyperThreading then..:

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=242

Made the jump last night! Almost a year out of simming and I had lost interest. I had grown tired of trying to tune my machine to work well with a years old program when new games I could blow threw them.

I saw one video on youtube on Thursday, and just jumped in. As of now, I only have FTX Global, Opus and Majestics Dash8  and the new Vatsim Client installed. Looking at this new REX business I keep hearing about and wondering if it is worth it.

I won't go back, I know that for use. Took me a second to get the motions down again, but it is all like riding a bike,

Oh, BTW....I forgot where the cfg. file is, and don't even care. I am rocking 30-40 frames with most sliders turned all the way max, something I was never able to do in FSX, get over the Dense setting. I don't imagine I will be worrying anymore about tweaking, as this, and NI simply for Transparency AA is all I have done and man does it look beautiful.

WOO!

" Looking at this new REX business I keep hearing about and wondering if it is worth it."

The weather depiction is one of the most important elements visually in the sim and just so happens REX4 is drop dead stunning textures so yes its worth it.

ZORAN

Add this to your P3D.cfg file, at the top...and enjoy what it brought you in FSX. It works!  Gave me three more FPS, and smoothness down to 10!

[bufferPools]
UsePools=0

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=242

Mitch going to try this now Buddy - thanks

"Add this to your P3D.cfg file, at the top...and enjoy what it brought you in FSX. It works!  Gave me three more FPS, and smoothness down to 10!

[bufferPools]
UsePools=0

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=242
"

Mitch worked like a charm you are the man - I was at 17ish fps back up to 30ish dam nice - thank you.

Rich Sennett

Ok. I think I'll jump in tomorrow.

Sounds like it's going to be a pain trying to get some of my programs to run in two sims. Good thing I can look forward to no more tweaking!

Anyone know a good guide to see what P3d settings work best (or is it a system by system thing)?

Thanks again

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Ah you have the same cpu as me and a nice card so I will be able to give you the tips - give me a few minutes have to load another screenshot  :)

Rich Sennett

[bufferPools]
UsePools=0

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=242

Mitch going to try this now Buddy - thanks

"Add this to your P3D.cfg file, at the top...and enjoy what it brought you in FSX. It works!  Gave me three more FPS, and smoothness down to 10!

[bufferPools]
UsePools=0

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=242
"

Mitch worked like a charm you are the man - I was at 17ish fps back up to 30ish dam nice - thank you.

There ya go, Rich!  Glad that it is booming for ya...as I said...the greater you have either P3D or FSX cranked out...the BETTER it runs, not worse....you only have to adjust [mentally] to the lower FPS, as you are asking more of the CPU...but you are getting better, more efficient  cycles as the CPU pounds them out....