Sign in to follow this  
mwilk

Orbx regions in P3Dv2.2

I have almost all of the Orbx regions. Currently I'm running FTX Global but have not installed the regions in P3Dv2.2. How much of a performance hit can I expect to take with the regions?

NAX669.png

I have almost all of the Orbx regions. Currently I'm running FTX Global but have not installed the regions in P3Dv2.2. How much of a performance hit can I expect to take with the regions?

Perhaps a few FPS, depending on your specs. I have Global running with all the regions, except Alaska. I have the sim wide open...and with a few tweaks, have it running between 17-20 FPS, but unlike FSX, smooth still at those numbers...you should be good to go. Load 'em up!  

One thing to note, unlike FSX, P3D can let you go to 1M for Mesh.  All ORBX airports will be rendered properly (no trenches, etc...) at 5M, but you can still use 1M.  If you see, that there is a rendering problem at any airport, just set the sim MESH to 5M, and you will be good to go.  Misha of ORBX stated in the forum, that they might look to correct needing to go to 5M for some airports in the next patch or so...

Mitch,

Thanks for the reply. Looks like I have some installing to do tomorrow after I get home from work.

NAX669.png

Mitch,

Thanks for the reply. Looks like I have some installing to do tomorrow after I get home from work.

Your're welcome...and try to keep your sim as wide open, full features on...as possible...for THAT is where you will see the Disney Land Effect in  P3D, as compared to FSX.

The best advice of all, is be patient...slide this up...check it out..slide that down, see what that does for what's on the screen. I have found that with the following tweaks in the P3D.cfg file...you can go as low as 10 FPS..and still have control on the yoke...and perhaps only a little micro-stutter. FSX would have simply stopped working at that FPS rate. 

Here they are...put them at the top...and if you have a HyperThreading  BIOS....turn it on....for it is better in P3D, and the JobSched tweak is made to address the load across your 4 true and 4 virtual cores.

Have fun!

--------------------------------------------

Place this at the top of your P3D. cfg file...and then press SAVE.

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=242
[bufferPools]
UsePools=0

Mitch,

Did you use the migration tool to install the regions or are there new P3Dv2 installers?

NAX669.png

Mitch,

Did you use the migration tool to install the regions or are there new P3Dv2 installers?

I don't have the tool, Mwilk...and re-downloaded all my regions, for they all have the Triple Installers, now.  Make sure that you have Central to North America before firing them up to P3D.

I also bought yesterday, Veronica Municipal 05S and Sekiu 11S...as they are also ready to go for P3D. They of course, also install in FSX, of which I did as well.  They are a great pair to fly from/to to enjoy that part of PNW.  I recommend them.

Mitch,

Here is a complete list of Orbx products that have triple installers. I suggest that you wait for an Orbx region/airport until it gets a triple installer because it gets patched with the latest update and ensures full Prepar3D 2.2 compatibility.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/68566-master-list-of-all-p3d2-ready-orbx-products/

This has no effect in P3D v2.2!

[bufferPools]
UsePools=0
Spirit

Mitch,

ZORAN

I'm using Orbx England, Scotland and Wales in Prepar3d 2.2. I used the Estonia Migrator and I haven't had any problems at all...

One quick question though, If I now buy Orbx Global and install it, is there a way of telling it I want to keep my England, Scotland and Wales over the top of Global?

I'm using Orbx England, Scotland and Wales in Prepar3d 2.2. I used the Estonia Migrator and I haven't had any problems at all...

You should have waited. Scotland and Wales got triple installers today, and when England gets a triple installer soon, it will be patched with lots of new POIs.

Thanks everyone for your help.

NAX669.png

This has no effect in P3D v2.2!

[bufferPools]
UsePools=0
Spirit

I don't know why, but everytime i use it i swear it feels slightly smoother....

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

I don't know why, but everytime i use it i swear it feels slightly smoother....

That's called placebo effect. :P

Spirit