Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

P3D Cloud shadows folks

Not to shabby this P3D   :clapping: 

Thanks Mitch for all the help on getting these up and running - you the man

246p6qf.jpg

Rich Sennett

Awesome!  How are fps compared to FSX?  I'm thinking about getting P3D now...

John

27 fps almost everything full - not bad - I have a slight overclock and a Titan gpu - keep that in mind guys and thank you for the kind words anyone want to buy my copy of FSX LOL

Rich Sennett

Not to shabby this P3D   :clapping: 

Thanks Mitch for all the help on getting these up and running - you the man

246p6qf.jpg

You're most welcome...and they look good out upon the ocean, too! :)  Just wondering, did you use Medium, with all bullets on?  Oh...and grab a shot for all the folks, over some mountains and valleys, with the ocean...like on the coastline of PNW....that will really blow 'em away!

"You're most welcome...and they look good out upon the ocean, too! :)  Just wondering, did you use Medium, with all bullets on?  Oh...and grab a shot for all the folks, over some mountains and valleys, with the ocean...like on the coastline of PNW....that will really blow 'em away!"

Yes but not sure about the other sliders in that area - hence screenshots of your settings buddy  :clapping:

Rich Sennett

"You're most welcome...and they look good out upon the ocean, too! :)  Just wondering, did you use Medium, with all bullets on?  Oh...and grab a shot for all the folks, over some mountains and valleys, with the ocean...like on the coastline of PNW....that will really blow 'em away!"

Yes but not sure about the other sliders in that area - hence screenshots of your settings buddy  :clapping:

Rich, you will see of course under LIGHTING on the left, all the options on the right.  Directly under the Shadow adjuster bar (set to Medium), are sub-sections.  click them all on, except the Shadow Flag on the bottom left. Leave that unchecked.  Go to your Water, and bring that to full right Ultra...and then check EVERYTHING below that in the subsection to enable it. You will see a real-life ocean that will bring a tear to your eye...lol.  I use with this, Rex 4's water-treatment/wave animation; of Glimmer..and it is killer!

Open up the entire rest of the sim....button everything on...except for auto-gen set to Dense, and try that out for how you like it.   Trust me...I found out the dirty little secret of FSX  long ago...it ran better as full out as you can take the drop in FPS.  Don't take the drop as a water-mark for how well it is doing...take WHAT YOU SEE, as the water-mark...for you paid for this level of detail!

Note: I suggest that you never turn on FXAA, as it defocuses and fuzzes the image.  Set up what you want in nVidia Inspector with OVERRIDE APPLICATION SETTINGS for AA functions.  Basically use what worked for you in FSX...and THAT will also work for you in P3D.  Simple as that.  Adaptive Sync and 1/2 won't work, for you do not have windowless mode in P3D. In P3D, it is really windowed mode without the borders....but you don't need Vertical Sync on anyways..and leave it OFF in P3D. That will give you another 3-5 FPS back..

"Rich, you will see of course under LIGHTING on the left, all the options on the right.  "

All good except for one thing under shadows what are you distances for - terrain - cloud shadow and object ?

Ohter than that I am good ot go - thanks Mitch

Rich Sennett

"Rich, you will see of course under LIGHTING on the left, all the options on the right.  "

All good except for one thing under shadows what are you distances for - terrain - cloud shadow and object ?

Ohter than that I am good ot go - thanks Mitch

SORRY!  SORRY!   Yes...duh...

10,000 M'

10,000 M

6,000 M

lol now I can take some screen shots of my menus to help people   :Hug: 

Rich Sennett