Sign in to follow this  
cooperwarner8

Pmdg ngx flap sounds

Hi,

I absolutely live the ngx. I am always flying it but I cannot hear the flaps being extended and retracted, I have played around with the fmc sound controls but no luck

AMD Ryzen 3800X 3.9 GHz Turbo up to 4.2 GHz

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Windforce 11GB

32GB 3200MHz RAM 

1TB Crucial SSD & 1 500GB Crucial SSD

Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, CH Products Pro Pedals

It has been many months since I last flew the NGX, but there is one good reason as to why you cannot hear the flaps extend and retract from the cockpit. You can't from the real airplane.

Between being electrically operated and being so far behind the cockpit, you just simply don't hear them. 

P.S. - Before some else scolds you, you do have to put your full name with your posts. 

Jared Listinsky

It's because you are sitting in the captains seat, and not in seat 15A

However, if you go to an external view, use Ctrl+Shift and Enter or Delete and get up close, you CAN hear the flaps! (and hydraulic pumps and fuel pumps and APU etc).

Some of these things are easier to hear with the engines off.

I am sitting at a wing view and still can't hear a think even with the engines off

32GB 3200MHz RAM 

However, if you go to an external view, use Ctrl+Shift and Enter or Delete and get up close, you CAN hear the flaps! (and hydraulic pumps and fuel pumps and APU etc).

Suggestion: Spot View

Thank me later

Also. plug the other 5 speakers of your surround sound system in.... or change Windows settings to be in Stereo sound instead of "surround sounds" so sounds aren't being sent to non-existent speakers.

(Control Panel, Sound, Playback, Configure)

http://s14.postimg.org/teyh9zhhd/Stero.jpg

It has been many months since I last flew the NGX, but there is one good reason as to why you cannot hear the flaps extend and retract from the cockpit. You can't from the real airplane.

Between being electrically operated and being so far behind the cockpit, you just simply don't hear them. 

P.S. - Before some else scolds you, you do have to put your full name with your posts. 

It's because you are sitting in the captains seat, and not in seat 15A

Some of these things are easier to hear with the engines off.

I have been in the cockpit you can hear the flaps loud and clear (at least on a -700).

I have been in the cockpit you can hear the flaps loud and clear (at least on a -700).

Under what circumstances? It's not normal to be able to hear flap movement sounds.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Ok I've checked and the flap sounds are not even playing. I have shut down the engines and the flap sounds are definitely not playing. I have reinstalled fsx and pmdg and still no luck

32GB 3200MHz RAM 

support ticket time

ZORAN

Ok I submitted a ticked. Let's hope it's fixable. Thanks guys

32GB 3200MHz RAM 

Ok I've checked and the flap sounds are not even playing. I have shut down the engines and the flap sounds are definitely not playing. I have reinstalled fsx and pmdg and still no luck

setting in the captians seat landing