Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

P3D V2 Happy camper

Man so glad I bit the bullet - this is incredible with Mitch's help even the water is super - didnt know that - enjoy my new sim pics

25z6nme.jpg

2dj58us.jpg

Rich Sennett

Man so glad I bit the bullet - this is incredible with Mitch's help even the water is super - didnt know that - enjoy my new sim pics

25z6nme.jpg

2dj58us.jpg

Richard has definitely been taken over by the 'Dark Side'....and Rich..."...ain't it great?!?"   FSX---------------------------------------zoom-----------Raptor 22-------------------------P3D

"Richard has definitely been taken over by the 'Dark Side'....and Rich..."...ain't it great?!?"   FSX---------------------------------------zoom-----------Raptor 22-------------------------P3D

LOL not the dark side the new sheriff in town side Brother

Rich Sennett

"Richard has definitely been taken over by the 'Dark Side'....and Rich..."...ain't it great?!?"   FSX---------------------------------------zoom-----------Raptor 22-------------------------P3D

LOL not the dark side the new sheriff in town side Brother

Happy Flyin'...just landed in the Dominican Republic...out of Miami...great water/cloud flight.

Not sure but I think we get it now. :)

Ten-Four.

"Happy Flyin'...just landed in the Dominican Republic...out of Miami...great water/cloud flight."

Actually I was thinking of that flight - just need to get AXE up and running

Rich Sennett

Very nice shots there Rich. I'm quite happy with x-plane at the moment but will probably give P3D a go in the near future.

"Very nice shots there Rich. I'm quite happy with x-plane at the moment but will probably give P3D a go in the near future."

Thanks Uk - appreciate it

Rich Sennett

Those are some of the best Prepar3D 2.2 shots I've seen! The cloud shadows have a great impact in that instance.

"Those are some of the best Prepar3D 2.2 shots I've seen! The cloud shadows have a great impact in that instance."

Thanks  :good: 

Rich Sennett

Great shots, indeed

Did you, by any mean, mod the water ?

Rich, grab all the FSX Carib Islands of the PNW group.  They are fabulous with P3D...and water fully on..and all bullets enabled.  I saw for the first time last night, that as I came close to the shore after an amphibian landing...that the Orbx vector lights poles...their orbs were REFLECTING in the waves....oh yeah!

I am now a most serious P3D-Groupie.  

This is the only sim to date, that might encourage me to go beyond an i7-975 cpu/ GTX 680 2 GB/ 12 GB RAM system....I would love to see a truly sustainable 60 FPS, with everything enabled, and all sliders full right. It would be what I have experienced visually in the week that I have used P3D...more than any other 'push' to do so. I am thinking of perhaps upgrading once more to an GTX 880 6 Gig G-card..when they become available....but don't honestly know if that might have any effect on, or above my over-clocked 680 at the moment. I have seen you, yourself report with a Titan..that you are fiddling around to get good FPS performance...so it points to still...and CPU's game of things.  What's your opinion, on a card beyond a GTX 680 2 GB'er...

Mitch

Just made my annual pilgrimage to the local airshow, where the F-22 Raptor put on its demonstration. Although I've seen it many times before, it is always an amazing sight. Inspired by that, I popped open X-Plane 10 (*which includes a Raptor) and flew some circuits around the airport I spent the day at. Hmph. I was nonplussed.

Unfortunately, I don't have P3D v2.2 installed right now, but the experience really made me miss it. The Raptor just "feels" like a Raptor and where my local area "feels" like my local area.

I get the feeling I'm going to be caving in once again....

What's your opinion, on a card beyond a GTX 680 2 GB'er...

One option is going SLI, when better SLI support is available in 2.3.  However, you would likely want more VRAM, so if I were you I would seriously look at the 8xx series when they come out.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations