Sign in to follow this  
Coach0512

Multiple Installations of FSX

Hello!

I have found out that it is a pain to wait the 7 minutes for the sim to load, then have a CTD because Vatsim takes too much memory combined with my thousands of addons on my under equipped pc. So i want to install a clean, stripped-down version of FSX in a different path on my hard drive and use that just for Vatsim. How can i install a second installation of FSX on my hard drive? Thanks in advance!

I have never heard of doing this. I wouldn't do that personally, sounds like a recipe for huge trouble, especially with the registry.

You may be able to install it as a different user, but that doesn't work with all programs.

Surely there is some add-on(s) you can deactivate or temporarily remove? Do you need all of them running at once?

You can do win7, win8 dual boot and install fsx to fresh os. You can then switch between os when you want to fly with Vatsim.