Sign in to follow this  
ronnie.d

Pro Flight Emulator

I have heard so many good things about PFE that I bought it over Rader Contact and VoxATC. I have been using it for few weeks now…don't get me wrong, I am fairly happy with the product but there are few glitches that's really annoying me.

Last night I was flying to Paris LFPG as soon as I entered the STAR control asked me to head right on 105deg and gave me runway 8L, I was busy setting up ILS etc. then within 30 sec they changed the runway to 9L…I don't see the point of doing it? plus I couldn't establish contact with tower and got 30 miles further from the airport, so I changed the frequency to contact centre and they asked me keep going on heading 105, which was taking me further away from the airport! It says the ATC will help you to get back on tract in case of missed approach etc. but that clearly didn't happen to me yesterday! 

Anyone using PFE faced this sort of problem? I thought the runway change thing was addressed and fixed? 

Will it be better if I get my flight plans from FlightSim Commander? I am using the demo version so I can't really export a flight plan out of Flightsim Commander at the moment. Do you know any other free flight planning software that will work well with PFE?

Thanks in advance.

Ronnie

I think the runway change is a good feature as it adds randomness to the flight.

As for being forgotten by ATC, this usually happens when you ignore ATC heading instructions. The best workaround is to ask for vectors. I think its shortcut is  7.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

PFE works fine with SID / STAR, thus allowing you to fly said procedure without vectors provided you load them as well as telling PFE where to commence a STAR and terminate a SID. This is accomplished by the SID / STAR button from the main menu. At times, PFE can become confused and perhaps "forget" the flight. However in my experiences,  the primary cause has usually been to such things as inadequate descent planning.

When ATC try's to vector you, if you want to continue the STAR approach, press 1 to request cleared to final. Then ATC will leave you alone, to fly the approach. When on final it will transfer you over to Tower, or you can press the 8 key to tell ATC you have the airport in sight, in which case Approach will transfer you to tower.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

When ATC try's to vector you, if you want to continue the STAR approach, press 1 to request cleared to final. Then ATC will leave you alone, to fly the approach. When on final it will transfer you over to Tower, or you can press the 8 key to tell ATC you have the airport in sight, in which case Approach will transfer you to tower.

Hi Tom,

That was a great help! Thanks very much…but what if I am talking to ATC via MCE? What kind of command should I give instead of pressing 1?

Hi Tom,

That was a great help! Thanks very much…but what if I am talking to ATC via MCE? What kind of command should I give instead of pressing 1?

You'd have to check the MCE documentation to see if it's supported, (It probably is, as MCE is pretty complete in this area) if it is it's probably something like

"Approach Delta 125 Request cleared to final for runway 4L"

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Hi Ronnir

I was going to answer your PM, but it looks like you've got your answers here. I've never tried using PFE in conjunction with MCE. I'm guessing its quite an extra work load on the CPU.  Are you running across a network?