Sign in to follow this  
shamrockflyer

FSX Crash

FSX suddenly stops working/crashes, I have the correct files installed. FSX version - DX10 with Steve's Fixer.

Log File -

full path: C:\MSFSX\
redirecting CreateDXGIFactory
redirecting D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain
removing D3D11_CREATE_DEVICE_SINGLETHREADED flag
redirecting IDXGIFactory->CreateSwapChain
initialising shader environment
D3DX10CreateEffectFromFile failed
C:\MSFSX\dxgi.fx(40,10): error X1507: failed to open source file: 'SweetFX_preset.txt'

Aha. The log file is saying a lot. It can't read the preset file which is why it's failing. Do you have an anti-virus of some sort? something that could potentially block it?

I have fixed the issue I was having.

How I fixed it - I removed SweetFX using the SweetFX Configurator, I loaded FSX then reinstalled SweetFX with the SweetFX Configurator, I then closed FSX and loaded it backup again successfully with SweetFX installed and working. For anyone having such trouble where the presets fail to load and FSX closes, just follow how I fixed it and it should be fixed for you also!

Thanks Adi, the colors look more natural, but the AA still needs a bit of tweaking.

Regards, Ciaran.

Yes, but that didn't fix it, it just gave away the problem. The 'stock' 1.5.1 SweetFX is the version that comes straight off the author and is not fitted for fsx. It's included for you to generally use SweetFX on any other game, should you want so.

I need to run a little check and get back to you. The AA settings you will get afterwards will be perfect. You're currently not experiencing it the way it's meant to be.