Sign in to follow this  
witto737

FSX Sheer Fustration

Hi Simmers, before i pick up my PC and choose a window for its departure perhaps you guys can offer some much needed advice, running FSX, both SP's. only fly PMDG ( 737/747), pPC is AMD Phenom 955 Quad, 4GB Ram, Nvidia 9800gtx Card. Right here are my issues, doesnt make any any difference which plane I use, plane loads OK, on the gate OK, start FMC input and every now and then CTD and back to FSX, this  happens at intervals all the way from take off to cruise with FSX freezing first, but the sounds dont stop!. If I am lucky then FSX continues, sadly thats not often the case and it closes down altogether. I have used FS2004 for years with no issues. My Appcrash tells me that I have 15 Stackhash issues, 8 uiautomation.dll issues ( 7.2.9600.16384), this is over several days lol. I feel that my only solution is to return to FS2004, , I have tried everything without no success

Remove the uiautomationcore.dll from your FSX folder. Obviously it did not prevent any of your crashes. Many have gotten rid of their crashes by removing this module. The version you quoted above is a Windows 8.1 64 bit version of the uiautomationcore.dll. You didn't put that in your main FSX folder did you? If you look on page 6 of the AVSIM CTD Guide, it shows you the proper versions, if any, that may be placed in the main FSX folder. Anything else is total disaster.

There was also a known memory leak with the Windows 8.1 version of the uiautomationcore.dll (see page 6 of the AVSIM CTD Guide) but that was some time ago and may have been fixed by now.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi firehawk44, thanks for your response, the strange thing is this version of uiautomationcore.dll is not even in the FSX root folder at all so where the conflicts arise from beats me ???????

You might want to check out the possible memory leak associated with this dll in the AVSIM CTD Guide (located to the right of this forum under Hot Spots).

Make sure you have Microsoft.net Framework versions 1.1 through the latest on your computer, especially version 2.0. See the AVSIM CTD Guide for an explanation on how to determine this.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

reference the memory leak fix , the fix is KB2883201, i have downloaded this but cant install it as it says this is not applicable to my computer, thats very confusing.

Or, you could try to use the correct uiauto....dll in the right folder. (main fsx folder) this will possibly fix it.

i have downloaded this but cant install it as it says this is not applicable to my computer, thats very confusing.

It means it is probably already fixed as this problem came up a while ago. Windows Update probably issued an update and running that fix would override updates.

Outofphaze has a good suggestion above.

You should download and run AppCrashView (link in the AVSIM CTD Guide located to the right of this forum under Hot Spots). The AVSIM CTD Guide also has several suggestions for fixing StackHash and uiautomationcore.dll errors. I personally think you are trying to load FS9 products into FSX in a Windows 8 environment. They may not be compatible. Many members are having major problems with Windows 8 and it could all be security issues as Windows 8 is filled with tons of security to keep the mean people on Planet Earth from harming others. :lol:

The AVSIM CTD Guide has guidance for troubleshooting (I call it investigating) crashes, freezes, etc.).  That begins on Page 2.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Hi, all my sim stuff is FSX, both the pmdg 737 and the 747 are for fsx, the info i gave at the start was via Appcrashview, i will try the suggestion from Outofphaze and see what happens. thanks guys.

well i tried the suggestion by outofphaze, boy did that screw things up !!!!, fsx would load ok but not any PMDG and instant crash, so deleted  the .dll, deleted all my PMDG stuff, then fresh install of everything.

just had the ctd again, so thats it , I am deleting FSX, going back to the more stable fs2004 environment, FSX sucks !!!!

uiautomationcore.dll is not even in the FSX root folder at all so where the conflicts arise from beats me ???????"

All you need is the correct version of UiAutomationCore.dll in the FSX program files folder to prevent loading the one you are having trouble with. Try 6.0.5840.16386.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I am deleting FSX, going back to the more stable fs2004 environment, FSX sucks !!!!

FSX definitely does not work for everyone. I wish it would but it just does not work for everyone.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM