Sign in to follow this  
Capt Speirs

AI landing lights too high

Let begin with a thanks to Steve's Fixer. I don't know if I messed something up or if there is a simple fix. All UT2 AI's landing lights are too high, like they are floating above the plane about 10-15 feet. DX9 they are fine.

I have same problem too, looking to see if there is a fix but have not found one yet. I posted a topic too but no one replied. It is not UT2 problem as I have MTX it is just an AI thing. Also notice PAPI lights and taxi light are floating too.  Not sure if we just have to live with it. : (

Is anyone ever going to deliver us from this journey of compromises and bring out a new Flightsim?

I noticed that someone else posted the same problem some time ago, but I have nothing useful to add it certainly doesn't happen for me.

Are you talking about the landing lights on the ground. These are part of the aircraft model.

Ok floating papi and taxi lights could occur if you have two copies of the airport active in addition to the base fsx copy.

A possible scenario might be in Europe,if you have utx Europe installed with the ut Europe airports enabled, and an aerosoft version of the same airport which uses a slightly different height.

Because you see the papi lights working you won't have installed a lightfield and so the aerosoft papi and taxiway lights will not be visible and you instead see ut versions at the wrong height.

If this is the case you need to disable ut airports and add a lightfield.

Other possible sources of ghost airports include freeware scenery areas.

just have orbx airports and regions for North America. No not talking about landing light on ground, when you look at ai plane the light coming from the lights on the plane don't match up it is higher up and above the plane. I do notice that when you are very close they seem to match up , but as you get further away they start to separate and get higher. Mine are not 10 -15 higher only 2 feet. Wish I new how to attach pic.

just have orbx airports and regions for North America. No not talking about landing light on ground, when you look at ai plane the light coming from the lights on the plane don't match up it is higher up and above the plane. I do notice that when you are very close they seem to match up , but as you get further away they start to separate and get higher. Mine are not 10 -15 higher only 2 feet. Wish I new how to attach pic.

I will post some pics later.

Yep, that's the issue exactly. All the money and time spent to end up with this, does it ever end? Occasional stutter, terrain flashes, AI aircraft running into to you, tires kicking up dirt on asphalt tarmac, occasional AI aircraft's butts sticking out into Taxiway, too many AI aircraft trying to land at once and the list goes on. Floating Beach Balls on AI Aircraft, not gonna cut it.That alone will send me back to DX9.

I had exactly the same landing light problem yesterday.

However, after I went through again every option of DX10 controller, the problem is gone.

I think it's "lights\effects" who fixed the problem.

So, yes, DX10 fixer CAN fix this!

Pity that it is not available any more ...

There is a file somewhere and I don't recall where I found it called ut2_aircraft, essentially what it does is replace the light lines in the aircraft.cfg with the same lines using the shockwave lights, assuming you have those. It makes a huge difference to the look of ai at night. You have to do it manually, but it is worth it.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090